Icaro Helmets & Service

norman

Just a word of recommendation for Icaro. Their service in supplying me with a new helmet for the winter and fitting Eddies Micro Avionics headset has been nothing short of superb.

At their request I sent Eddie's electric ears to them in Italy and they have really come up with the goods.

Eddie's ears are just a little larger than the standard Peltor units supplied as an option with the helmet; they took a little fettling according to the factory and the lovely 'Gypsy.'

20081004-qn4mxhkyuq25fjmbwbfmp4meyj.jpg

The neoprene 'ear protector' is going to stop my head from freezing this winter if the bleedin' weather relents.

20081004-cc86ejdu36kyjiqqbmdtnarp9y.jpg

I'd rather you think me a girl than my face fall off Simon. :D I am not sure about the bar but it does come off and you return to being a he-man again. If I am to achieve my objective I need to fly in the cold this winter - I hate being cold, don't you?

FrozenFaceJeffClose-BW.jpg

• 10 months later...

I have just ordered the new paramotor helmet from icaro, it comes with built in ear defenders or radio headset but as I have no idea what radio I will buy I just went for the defenders.

it looks like a bargain at 165eur delivered but will have to see what the quality is like when it arrives.

08-M.jpg

07-M.jpg

http://www.icaro2000.com/Products/Helme ... Fly-ul.htm

Tom

I'd rather you think me a girl than my face fall off Simon. :D I am not sure about the bar but it does come off and you return to being a he-man again. If I am to achieve my objective I need to fly in the cold this winter - I hate being cold, don't you?

FrozenFaceJeffClose-BW.jpg

Norman i can not wait for winter{but not as i remember it, mainly mild now) i flew more hours over that period than i have this summer, if one needs any proof of global warming our four seasons have turned into two seasons as summer as i remembered it does not exist now.

I like the picture as it would suit someone with looks like mine.

Alan,

I am beginning to think that our summers will be wet and windy and our winters will provide the best flying. Weird isn't it, the last three years have been like that.

If you are feeling a bit wimpish about he cold read Ran Fiennes recent autobiography, "Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know." It is a superb rendition of what being a really tough individual means. Phenomenal story of a life well lived and the personification of the ethic, "One should arrive at ones graveside in a cloud of dust, absolutely worn out, at the end of ones tether and running on the last drop of adrenaline available." I don't generally 'do' heroes but if you need someone to admire in life, what an example to revere.

Ran+fiennes+in+the+snow.jpg

I have just ordered the new paramotor helmet from icaro, it comes with built in ear defenders or radio headset but as I have no idea what radio I will buy I just went for the defenders.

it looks like a bargain at 165eur delivered but will have to see what the quality is like when it arrives.

08-M.jpg

07-M.jpg

http://www.icaro2000.com/Products/Helme ... Fly-ul.htm

Tom

Ok, helmet came from Italy via DHL within a week so great service, the only thing is it only just fits :cry: but it will do the job so can't be arsed to return it back to Italy!

But I can recomend Icaro for good service anyway, when I have a radio a will get the same one as Norman as they do that one in xxl 61-63cm :shock:

Tom

:tripup: