Pottering around Devon at 3-3 ltrs / hr

Farmer_Dave

Hello Devon boys

Took the Flat-Top up for a couple of hours at 4 pm. Played with the thermals as they died away slowly. The Atis 2 wing makes good use of a little of mother natures lift, with it's superb glide, and rounds out nicely with a gradual flare on landing, leaving me with a couple of steps needed, perhaps, into almost nil wind, even though I'm 150 kg all up on a placard weight of 100 I think. I've free flown it at 115KG all up, wing weight included. Nil wind launches with full 10 ltrs of fuel can seem a bit fast, but the wings already relieved me of the motor when I'm doing the Ostrich strides at 20 mph. I can bank it over on it's side, til I feel sick, or fly through my own wake and feel it wobble. Dell Schanze watch out. Farmer Dave's catching up!

Hi Lee

I'm trying to source some more the same as mine. I could have a battery and charger sent over with the next motors but it is dear and you'd have to wait. I want to keep my spare here just incase. No good to you without a smart charger anyway. Will post you when I have more info. Your most cost effective route might be another cordless drill battery. There are plenty around.