pull cord

outkast

More importantly why did it break? Does your decompressor need cleaning out?

quite possibly, thats something I will be looking into doing, although the engine has only done around 25 hours, if it does need cleaning will I have to remove the cylinder?

Cheers, Dave.

well you want somethin similar thickness take it with you and roughly match it regarding the decompressor you will need to take the head off and clean the hole in the barrel which goes through to the excaust some have a little grub screw in which screws out its a simple process 20 min job , the chord wears and does break ive broke three on the mower i have, solo aint the easiest of engines to turn over and they do take a good pull when not been started for a while

well you want somethin similar thickness take it with you and roughly match it regarding the decompressor you will need to take the head off and clean the hole in the barrel which goes through to the excaust some have a little grub screw in which screws out its a simple process 20 min job , the chord wears and does break ive broke three on the mower i have, solo aint the easiest of engines to turn over and they do take a good pull when not been started for a while

Ok thanks so much for the info, I have managed to find some pics of the decompression hole and method of cleaning so will order a head gasket and get to it.

Thanks, Dave.

Not particularly clued up on the Solo engine but I believe the above is correct about the hole in the barrel. I gather it's a head removal job and the with the piston somewhere near the bottom of its stroke you can ream it out very carefully. My old Black Devil had a decompressor mounted in the head (only on the pull start version, not electric) which could go from completely clean to completely blocked in a couple of hours of running if you didn't give it a squirt of WD40 between flights.

Ok thanks so much for the info, I have managed to find some pics of the decompression hole and method of cleaning so will order a head gasket and get to it.

Thanks, Dave.

After only 25 hours I would leave it well alone. If you have been using good 2 stroke oil the decompression hole won't be soiled. I have a solo 210 thats done over 50 hours and is still clean. I have the the Solo 210 maitenance manual if you ever need any info from it I will dig it out. The pull start was probably rubbing on something or had a manufactured damaged bit.

Regards

Whitters.

Thanks, Dave.

After only 25 hours I would leave it well alone. If you have been using good 2 stroke oil the decompression hole won't be soiled. I have a solo 210 thats done over 50 hours and is still clean. I have the the Solo 210 maitenance manual if you ever need any info from it I will dig it out. The pull start was probably rubbing on something or had a manufactured damaged bit.

Regards

Whitters.

Thanks Whitters, I took the peice that broke of down to B&q today and got a new lentgh, I pulled the remainder wich was still attached and it turned the motor over quite freely so I think it may just have been snagged or not routed properly wich led it to break.

Cheers, Dave.