hi from Doncaster

Hi

I am from Doncaster and intrested in learning to fly. I have been reading this forum for some time, and i have desided to go for it. Never to old at 50 i keep telling myself :) . So is there some one from Doncaster area who i could contact for advise and help to get me off the ground.

cheers

Kevin

Are you near Ashbourne in Derbyshire? Airways airsports are there. There is Geoff Soden at Alconbury near Nottingham. And there is Paddy in that area too I think. They all train people to fly paramotors. Airways is a BHPA school and the other two are independent.

Our current oldest student is 70 years old.

So you have a good 20 years + of flying in front of you :D

Welcome!

Airways is a long way from Doncaster Francis mate, I lived in Chesterfield and it takes an 1.5 hours... Donny is another 3/4 from there on a good day...

Paul Haxby works in your area. He is not a Paramotor club member for some reason dispite constant enquiries for trainng so cant say much more than that. I have not heard from anyone who has been taught by him for some time either.

We do have a club up near you where any one of the lads can more than likely teach you a bit of the ground handling stuff (not as easy as it looks at first) You may want to post a short message in the regional club thread below.....

If you do get hold of Paul, tell him where you got his name.

Again, Welcome!

SW :D

Our current oldest student is 70 years old.

So you have a good 20 years + of flying in front of you :D

Welcome!

Airways is a long way from Doncaster Francis mate, I lived in Chesterfield and it takes an 1.5 hours... Donny is another 3/4 from there on a good day...

Paul Haxby works in your area. He is not a Paramotor club member for some reason dispite constant enquiries for trainng so cant say much more than that. I have not heard from anyone who has been taught by him for some time either.

We do have a club up near you where any one of the lads can more than likely teach you a bit of the ground handling stuff (not as easy as it looks at first) You may want to post a short message in the regional club thread below.....

If you do get hold of Paul, tell him where you got his name.

Again, Welcome!

SW :D

Paul Haxby is alive and kicking at http://www.axbsports.com/training.html

If I was you I'd find the time to go to the Pie & Peas this weekend. It is the best location for flying or being blown out I know and Paul and plenty from the area will be there.

The few times I've been, there is always a selection of people, motors, wings and ages! The draft beer in the cafe, great food and free camping at the same location as the flying may ease the journey :-):lol:

Scroll down Paul's homepage http://www.axbsports.com/about.html for Pie & Peas details.

Any problems getting hold of someone let me know.

Cheers

Paul

I was fortunate enough to do my hill-power conversion with Paul Haxby and was very satisfied indeed. Very professional and effective. The age 50 certainly isn't a problem - he has trained people (including me) a whole load more mature than that (decades more!). A good bloke, too.

Paul's operation AXB also run splendid flying holidays in North Wales (Lleyn peninsula/Snowdonia) which I can thoroughly recommend for expanding the repertoire, hours and confidence (been on two so far and doing the grovelling groundwork with the memsahib for a third soon as I can)! If you go on one, just don't mention Jim Davidson. Please.

He is based very near indeed to Doncaster so seems the obvious solution to me given your own location, Kevin.

Dick

"Mind of a ninja, body of a manatee"

Hi

Thanks for the info, I have spoken to Paul, he's from Doncaster, and i am hoping to meet him on Friday at the Lord Stone Cafe, Pie & Peas meeting.

He is sending me some info throu the post, so thanks all for your replies and help.

Thanks agian

Kevin :)

Kevin,

A good mate Steve 'Radical' Scruton lives in Goole, he flies with Paul and is also going to Pie & Peas. I've told him you'll visiting, so look out for him. I was coming up again from Bath, but as I can't now, I'm delighted you are. It is a stunning location well attended with good people.

Cheers

Paul