Tip to Tip 2010.

All,

I have secured some funding for the production of a film to fly from the Tip to Tip of Australia! This is a HUGE!!! Paramotor event, the details of which will unfold on this site over the next months.

The Flight will follow the East Coast of Aus from it's Northern to it's Southern most point.

People already involved are,

Simon W (me) Event Co-ordinator, Poss Pilot.

Colin B Assistant Co-ordinator, Poss Pilot.

Chris B, (Ex Aus Special Forces), Head Ground support Team.

Norman R, Route Planner

1X investor excited but not confirmed 'yet'. Poss Pilot

We also have a number of people asking to be pilots for this event, the format is yet undecided other than a) A film is being produced b) it will be based on a paramotor flight from Tip to Tip of Aus, around the East Coast and so we do not yet know even if there will be 1 pilot or 10 pilots.

If you think that you have something to add to a team of people trying to make this happen, now is a good time to get in touch. That could be Knowledge of the route, skills usefull to the ground support team, funding, anything in fact that means that you are usefull to the team.

The final team will not be getting picked until we know it's exact requirments.

Total flying miles expected, 2500

Total Time for Expedition, 8 Weeks.

Yippppppeeeeeeeeeee, again...

SW :D

Edited by Guest

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah good stuff so i have two years to get flyin right then lol even i might be in for a chance anyway if idont get picked i will team up with tom cruise and do some other movie lol ohh ok

Now where did I put my ruler? :roll::o:lol: Ever wonder why T2T 2008 was accompanied by a Koala bear and a Kangaroo.... well now you know, they were spies! 8)

Australia_map.jpg

It takes over four and a quarter hours to fly from Sydney to the point where you leave the Australian coast on the way to Bali across the Timor Sea. Australia has some of the nastiest creatures known to man living in its undergrowth. Talk to Crocodile Dundee or any member of the Aussie SAS. Should be quite a party then....

20080914-8b9f4cqxuf8iybt15auwi9r7sc.jpg

20080914-1eb6i9jx9b96fw5uttdiy9c9fq.jpg

The Northern Tip

20080914-q3hjfkm55xh7ryh1suafb5cgtq.jpg

Edited by Guest

The Southern part of the route should be fairly benign as it is temperate and cooler. The Northern part, that last 500 miles is pretty wild by all accounts.

Following the coast brings the majority of the population of Oz in on the game and ensures that by the time you come home, you just couldn't manage another prawn or one of those (XXXX) soft drinks again. Your sense of humour will be thoroughly tested by.... the Oz sense of humour and your suntan wil not need any more work for a while.

20080915-gfsfxb78dfcbtyn3sydjxdnee5.jpg

20080915-kihti8yc3jgni9us7i87b2mc9g.jpg

Spooky. My Mrs used to live and work in Cape Tribulation and constantly tells me how its the best place in the world, she's desperate to go back and take me with her, she has friends all up that coastline that she still keeps in regular touch with, I'm sure she could count on a few favours and she'd make a brilliant co-ordinator and cook!

Count us in!

Ok, planned distance is about 2500 miles.

TipToTip UK was about 800 miles planned for 8 days flying time (yes, I know the weather was pants so it took over 2 weeks)

Are we expecting equally bad weather so allowing for an even lower miles per day or is there some other reason for the 8 week timeframe?

Stuart

P.S. Will start discussing a long vacation in 2010 with the Mrs this evening. ;-)

Hi Simon.

I have got absolutely nothing to offer this team. :roll:

I have no money.

I don't actually like or get on with people.

My planning is poor.

My organisation is terrible.

I'm generally unpleasant to be with.

But I can fly a bit.

What do you say then Simon :?: Am I in or not :?:

PS. Can I take this oppertunity to appologise for all the P"*s taking Ive done over the past month regarding the last T2T !

In response to Whitters.....

LOLOLOL...

No worries mate, I will get the hard bit done you just turn up LOL

Ref Flying time,

This is going to be about more than just flying, its making a film, and its landing in one of the most danger filled places know to man, I spoke to an Australina Special Forces guy early this morning about this trip and his reply went along the lines of... " Your, a F****ng nutter mate!, your flying over Crock soup for the first two day's, and if there aint no crocs.. it's only because there are to many snakes."

LOLOLOL

Guys

I drove from Melbourne to Cape Tribulation....thats a LONG way!!!

I also had ultralight lessons while down under (south of Sydney), theres a lot of areas completely covered in bush where landing out could be a matter of life and death, I spent a while working on a 40000 acre farm on the Queensland/NSW border, theres some strange creatures out there, even the wild boar out in the bush are a danger, the size of some of them is unreal, the terrain is so different than this side of the world, the biggest problem would be ground crew following as the road network in the wilderness is limited....Sorry if I sound negative, but this is a HUGE mission...

On the plus side, some of the sites on the east coast are the best in the world, to fly them in a paramotor would be unforgettable the people are great and the lifestyle excellent, would be an amazing trip.

If I can be of any assistance to your planning, just ask

Regards

Dean

Hi Simon, I am new to the forum and very interested to see your section on the above project that you are setting up. I am just starting out in this paramotoring sport at the moment so can't offer a lot with regard to that element of the expedition. However ground logistics in remote locations supported by 4x4 vehicles is something that I do know about. This along with event and expedition organisation is something that I do as well as working in the film industry.

I would be interested in discussing your project with you....... Strange creatures, big wild boars, limited roads in a huge wilderness area sounds great to me. The remoter the better....gets you away from all the crowds doesn't it. A bit of a Camel Trophy experiance I would say.

Yes this is a huge undertaking and will require very detailed planning and logistics set in place, but that is expeditioning and you have to be self contained, prepared, think worst case scenario and build the right team about you. Let me know if you want to have a chat. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun as well a major achievment and a challenge.

Regards Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for putting your hand up.

A message for all, I will be having a mission meeting in about 1 month from now. I will be inviting anyone who is interested.

I hope to make it full of useful information about the plan and the tasks in the run up to Australia 2010.

In response to Whitters.....

LOLOLOL...

No worries mate, I will get the hard bit done you just turn up LOL

Ref Flying time,

This is going to be about more than just flying, its making a film, and its landing in one of the most danger filled places know to man, I spoke to an Australina Special Forces guy early this morning about this trip and his reply went along the lines of... " Your, a F****ng nutter mate!, your flying over Crock soup for the first two day's, and if there aint no crocs.. it's only because there are to many snakes."

LOLOLOL

Hang on a minute Simon, I was the medic and did my bit!!! :evil:

Can't we just fly somewhere a bit more 'user friendly' What about tip to tip USA. More roads, less croks and snakes.

Just been looking at the terrain and there are very very large bits with no access. ie roads or tracks.

This really is something else and not to be taken lightly. :shock:

Whitters.