Monkey Off My Back HOORAH!!!

Malcs

After months of aborted take offs (about 50) through that little devil on my shoulder saying "Don't do it Malc", the devil said to me this morning "your wing is up straight, you have a bit of wind and loads of field in front of you so nail the fecking thing", and I did!

Perfect quick take off, didn't get properly in the seat straight away but got some height and got in without a problem then went off for a one hour flight over my old stomping ground where I grew up and flew over 4 of the houses where I've lived. Felt so comfortable and relaxed that I parked both brakes and weight steered for the entire journey there and back and even got my camera out and took a heap of pics!

Came in for landing in my huge field and used all of it, touched down perfectly and softly with both feet but just toppled backwards onto the cage.

Can't begin to describe the relief and elation, I was honestly beginning to think I would never do this, it's all been worth it!

Worth being in debt for, can't wait to go again!

If I can figure out how to work the album here I'll upload some pics, they are already on my facebook if you are a friend!

Cheers

Malc :twisted::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Very many congratulations Mark. I'm just at that frustrating point of not quite making it, and it's driving me mad. Your post gives me hope and inspiration.

Just don't give up Phil, I learned something at each of my aborted launches and over the last few times at the field I just felt I was getting closer and closer, its so much to think about in one go, I now find I don't have to think too much about strapping in my harness and grabbing the brake handles and A lines in the right order etc so I can just concentrate on my launch and running. It really doesn't matter if it takes you another year, there's no hurry and you don't need to prove anything to anyone, that thought helped me and I always make myself look forward to going to the field just for the sake of being at the field, if you fly thats just a major bonus!

Well done Malcs, I had been watching your posts, great to see you stuck with it, it gets better with every flight, I too am a newcomer to the sport but have managed to get around 20 flights over the past couple of months, Phil, something Mike Dakin used to say when he was training me ' we're only going for a run down the park', if you get off the ground its a bonus, even the best of pilots DO fluff launches, best not to let it bother you, keep with it you'll get there, the flying is the easy part then!!

Dean :D

Well done Malc, I am just on the cusp of getting airbourne, just about nailed forward launchs and have a little work to do on my reverse launchs but am not far off.

does the name Talcmalc rong a bell?

It does indeed, from my quad biking days, so who are you, come on reveal yourself!

I should add to this post that yesterday's flight was actually my 5th time in the air, its just that something went a little bit wrong in one way or another on the previous 4 so it spooked me for ages, a ton of ground handling and attempted launches taught me a lot!

Yes, I'm still buzzing, was up at 6 this morning ready to go again but the ground was too wet and didn't wanna get my kit all shitted up, maybe tonight!

Well done Malc, I am just on the cusp of getting airbourne, just about nailed forward launchs and have a little work to do on my reverse launchs but am not far off.

does the name Talcmalc rong a bell?

It does indeed, from my quad biking days, so who are you, come on reveal yourself!

I should add to this post that yesterday's flight was actually my 5th time in the air, its just that something went a little bit wrong in one way or another on the previous 4 so it spooked me for ages, a ton of ground handling and attempted launches taught me a lot!

Yes, I'm still buzzing, was up at 6 this morning ready to go again but the ground was too wet and didn't wanna get my kit all shitted up, maybe tonight!

Heres a clue, yellow ltz :D

Malc,

I'm very delighted for you! Having witnessed your progress (mental/physical ups and downs) and many of your 'warm-up' attempts, makes your success so much sweeter.

I'm looking forward to our first XC to a pub!

Cheers

Paul

P.S. It's now your turn to be the wind dummy ;-)