Night Flying

My friends were doing it legally abroad for TV company, (long way to go through to including air traffic control).

Just couple of rules

- well lighted landing area.

- lights for the wing (uplight) and stroposcope type.

- Navigation (2 devices just to indemnify yourself for the failure of one of them).

But we are in the UK..

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bringing up this old thread but none have yall must have never been skydiving or base jumping at night. I do both and have over 50 night jumps. A parachute has a glide ratio of a sloth compared to a paraglider and much less forgiving. Just have to have some balls and common sense and you will be fine.

Warm clear nights with plenty of moonlight seem easily flyable, especially how calm it can be. I think the moon could provide enough natural light but a good 2,000 lumen headlamp would be plenty for landing. Illegal in my country so I'd never do it. The noise would draw plenty of attention. 

5 hours ago, Travis Jones said:

Just have to have some balls and common sense and you will be fine.

An engine out in the dark - where's the benefit of balls and common sense then? Or are you suggesting only flying in small circles above a known safe landing spot ...?