Tracking for the Tip to TIp

Oh gee thanks ;-)

I've really thought about it and the only way to do it without having the guys demount them, open them up and read me the serial numbers would be to spend an hour on the phone and have them turn them on one at a time. I'd rather let them get on with flying. If they get rained in again tomorrow I might make that call and have someone walk round turning them on in turn.

Sorry.

Stuart

Based on the tracks and relative positions, times and locations, I beleive the following list may not be entirely inaccurate.

4=simon W

2=francis

7=pete

5=richard

3=dan

6=mike

1=Simon P

Thanks for that Francis, amazing what a little insider information and time can achieve ;-)

I've updated the SPOT database with the Pilots' names so the tracking web site should follow shortly.

The really observant of you will also notice that we have a new offer of the week. SPOT units! My order is already in.

Stuart

I dont think the colours stay with the pilot and that may have caused confusion before. Dont be surprised if the colour of a pilot swaps around each screen (or maybe day? when the spot reboots after 24 hours). But presumably the numbers (id tag) stay with the pilot (spot unit).

You are correct Francis, the colour is allocated by Google Maps and can change at any time.. The tracking unit ID is the bit that is fixed and as the units are attached to the pilots' harnesses they tend to stay with a pilot unless he swaps equipment for some reason.

Some of the guys have forgotten to turn their units on or into 10 minute tracking mode several times so there are holes in the logs for individual pilots. I'm not going to name names though ;-)

Stuart