speed bar....

Hello all, I tried the speed bar on my reaction last night for the first time, Is it me or are they really hard to engage and extend out? I got to about 3/4's totally out with my legs but it felt at the initial push I was laying on a sunbed,the more i tried to extend it was just pushing me backwards! I give up in the end and just kept the trimmers off. Anyone could point me in the right direction i'd be more than grateful

cheers Gaz

My mate had the same problem on his PAP/ReAction combo. Problem is the ReAction has a shortish trim range with a large speedbar range so you really want all the speedbar available. He's now on a different Dudek wing (still with a PAP) but can get full speedbar no problem so I don't think it's purely the harness pulley geometry.

Most people just stand upright on the bar and use the weight to keep on

Pete b

I'd go with that ... stand on it rather than push it .. and do it gently and smoothly, keeping the wing straight and balanced .... likewise come off it smoothly and gently too.

The problem I always have is .. on windy blustery days when you REALLY need the extra speed to work upwind ... its always a bit rough and I really dont fancy giving it full speedbar anyway .. ho hum. maybe im just chicken?

Most people just stand upright on the bar and use the weight to keep on

Pete b

I'd go with that ... stand on it rather than push it .. and do it gently and smoothly, keeping the wing straight and balanced .... likewise come off it smoothly and gently too.

The problem I always have is .. on windy blustery days when you REALLY need the extra speed to work upwind ... its always a bit rough and I really dont fancy giving it full speedbar anyway .. ho hum. maybe im just chicken?

If your on a reflex wing they recomend going on the bar as it makes the wing more resistant to colapse

Pete b