Garmin 300 Colorado

norman

I have just bought this unit in the US, it has the basemap for the world installed.

It doesn't suit me as I use a Mac and uploading routes seamlessly requires Windows.

Garmin 300 £250

Hard case £ 15

Chest transmitter for heart rate monitor (built in)£ 10

Call it £270 for the lot, in its new packaging, as new with a 2GB mini card and SD adapter thrown in.

If you are interested, please contact me via email as I am out of the country until the 4th July.

garmin_colorado_300_2.jpg

garmin_colorado300_overview_en.jpg

Edited by Guest

LOL, I have discovered that it is a darned good unit. This one is excellent of course, I just can't load my routes, it will take waypoints and I can construct routes fine (which is easy) but prefer to just upload them. The joys of owning a Mac eh?

The essential ingredient for a quality GPS these days seems to be a SirfStar III chipset.

Yep, the Colorado has this and logs on to the celestial network as fast as the 60CSx. The software is pretty much identical, the interface a little different but very simple to use, even wearing gloves.

Go on then, £250 the lot, last chance.

No I'm looking for one with airspace warnings but the are £700 up.

I like xc soar but I cannot get it to start up right on my pda and it will not load the air space just freezes it all.

Pocket FMS is too much trouble to set up and cost a fair bit to.

Yes I will see you on Saturday honey but try not to let Malcs see us together as he has a thing about smelling me I think :!::!::!::!:

Your ever friendly,short,smelly,forest loving,sheep chasing gigalo baby 8)8)

£700 up????

My £200 unit has Airspace Warnings? I was driving today and they were popping up all the time. 10km, 5km, WARNING, 0km.

Moving Airmap..... all the rest of the stuff...

Even new they can be found for £280.

SW :D

I like xc soar but I cannot get it to start up right on my pda and it will not load the air space just freezes it all.

Just a thought, what version of pocket pc is your pda running? theer are several downloads of xc soar depending on which version of operating system you are using.

also the airspace file needs to be in the My Documents folder on your pda not on the sd card?

Just a thought, what version of pocket pc is your pda running? theer are several downloads of xc soar depending on which version of operating system you are using.

also the airspace file needs to be in the My Documents folder on your pda not on the sd card?

I am running windows mobile6 and it starts to load the air space from my documents but then freezes

Also I cannot run in landscape??(with out air maps it starts up ok )

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a Garmin 295 from the US for a couple of hundred. Twenty quid jeppesen database and a free European basemap download and I'm sorted. Replaces my aging GPS90 that will get saved for backup duty. All sorts of bells and whistles.