Paramotor-Store (Germany) Scam Artists

I'd just like to post a bad experience I've had with the German mail order company 'Paramotor-Store', to be found at www.paramotor-store.com

I ordered a headset to fit on my helmet from them over two months ago, and paid using the provided check-out through 'Click & Buy'.

Despite numerous emails sent to them, and a huge number of attempts to phone them, I have neither received the item, nor had a single communication from the company.

In the emails, I have suggested that whatever problems might exist, I would much rather resolve them through contact than to make this issue public in the various fora that I frequent. I feel I have persisted long enough with this approach, and am now bringing the problem to the notice of fellow flyers who might consider using them.

Attempts to obtain a refund through 'click & buy' have been fruitless, as they just wash their hands of the transaction. I have had much greater success obtaining refunds from Paypal, and they are reputed to be far from ideal. I do not know yet whether I will be able to obtain a refund from the credit card that funded the purchase, due to the third party nature of the transaction.

I leave you all to draw your own conclusions about this company given their behaviour in this instance, but I am hopeful that this message will make enough people cautious of using the company to at least encourage then to review their customer relations policy.

Sorry to hear that Phil. Unfortunately there are many that have suffered at the hands of this mob. Paul Haxby, for example, talks about his experiences of them on the Paramotor mag forum.

One of the good things about paying by credit card is that you can *always* do a charge-back to get your money (6 months is often the time limit). Contact your credit card compnay and tell them you wish to do this, and they should make it happen. Some compnaies call it a "purchase cancellation" .. they tend not tomention it too much intheir literature, but its always there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback

merchant accounts always have a thing called a "charge back reserve" .. often something like 10% of turnover held back for 6 months, exactly for this sort of reason, and every charge back usually costs the merchant and additional £25 or so too, so you not only get your money back, but they get a fine for being useless too :)

I had a nightmare with this company too, I had bought one of those speedair helmets with headset,after receiving it to find out that the two headsets had been wired up wrong I eventually got them to send another set out which they did and got a friend to rewire them and now have 3 that work! They sent the wrong adapters for radio aswell which I now have the correct ones after relentless emails,no more buying from this lots,also I did hear that they had gone bust because of the helmets were a copy of another brand name,nac 2000 rings a bell

Gaz

The company have been selling rip-offs of the Frank Loeschler (? spelling) headsets. I understand that they are subject to a restraining order in Germany, ordering them to cease selling them (I believe that they were responsible for having the headsets copied).

My credit card company have sent out the paper-work to enable a refund.

I have also advised Click&Buy of the circumstances, with the distinct possibility that if they knowingly continue to support the company, then they may be guilty of aiding and abetting obtaining money by deception, or perhaps even conspiracy to defraud. Hopefully that might put the wind up them enough to close the payment system down.

Phil

you no likey Murko$oft? How else to keep Chinese hard drive and RAM stick manufacturers in business? Americam foreign policy is more cunning than they let on.

Latest Update;

I think I must have rattled some cages at 'Click & Buy', as despite them saying they couldn't refund my money, I have just had an email saying that they are doing so (and it's going through on my C & B account as we speak).

I wonder if the prospect of legal action made them nervous?