DIY engine from scratch, billet cases

arthurmoto1

• 4 months later...

My friend have got broken leg when he was landing on paratrike because of invisible concrete part in grass. That is why it was some delay. But everything is OK with small engine. He is just flying around. It was paramotor race once this year because of COVID and we have got 2 place but it is obvious that we need more power. So the next stage is to finish 250 ccm engine.

There was a lot of work with 250 ccm engine but it is almost finished now. But I can not attach new photo because of 171 kb size restriction. I'll try later to give you more information. I personally have final race of MotoRallyCupUkraine during next three days and then could pay more attention to this topic.ย 

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot! I have got the 1st place on the stage and now I am the ownerย of MotoRallyCup of Ukraine in bigย enduro class! But my leg is not OK in any meaning.ย 

So we have good news! It was first run of 250 cc engine yesterday without exhaust. I was not able to present because of my painful leg but I'll do my best to make video as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all! Today we have spent halfday trying to start 250 engine and it is OK now you can see this on video. We have to do some adjustment carburetors work, servo units for carbs and power valve and so on. But we are glad to have good start for now. The frame is from stainless steel for reliability, weight is 29,7 kg with some liters of gas. And there is the previous engine from the beginning of topik with billet cases.ย 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it has two of them, one is Walbro 37 and the second is Walbro 39. Now we are trying to find the best relation between carbs and powervalve so they have independant throttle levers. But it is definite that one carb is not enough. The engine can not reach max RPM on one carb without help of another. There was one time when the mixture was too lean and the piston was damaged slightly.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic news! It was first fly with 250 engine yesterday! And this thing is SCARY! So much power that we didn`t expect. My friend needs some time to learn the habits of engine. I was going to make video but I have got COVID and feel myself like corpse. Wait for a week I`ll be fine to show you the fly.

Edited by arthurmoto1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , hope you passed the sickness good and complete .ย  after weeks worrying news from Ukraine finally a very bright star ๐Ÿคฉ. the result got like the first plan . 50 HP motor worth even with more weight ๐Ÿ‘ it will be better day by day and even commercial if you want . how about 180 CC motor ? is the project in progress ?

On 12/24/2020 at 2:17 PM, arthurmoto1 said:

Words are useless without photos. You can see Parmakit cylinder, piston, Wiseco connecting rod, V-force reed valve with housing, Walbro carburetor. These parts are available on Ebay including complete crankshaft.

ย 

ย 

would you please the attach link of these parts on the paramakit or ebay ext .... ?

ย 

On 12/24/2020 at 2:17 PM, arthurmoto1 said:

P1010032.JPG

P1010033.JPG

P1010034.JPG

P1010035.JPG

P1010037.JPG

ย 

Edited by hadi000mah

Hi! Thanks God I`m better than before COVID. 178 cc engine project is finished. Everything is nice and we are starting very limited production of this engine for our friends. The heart of the engine -ย 

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/racing-cylinder-parmakit-178-cc_PA576080

Three brand new cylinder kits have arrived some days ago. Now we are looking for less expensive manufacturer of crankcases.ย 

250 cc engine is a beast and the plan is to use it and to win in championship this year. So we have some weeks ahead to eliminate all bugs from the construction.

Edited by arthurmoto1
  • Like 1