Air Conception - Nitro 200 - Transportability

Bell407

Hey all. I was wanting to know if anyone has ever attempted to or knows of someone that has modified they Nitro 200 to make it easier to break down for transport purposes. There are several paramotor frames out there (ex: Parjet Maverick, MacFly, etc.) that are designed to break down (disassemble) for ease of transport.  I have a custom car hauler for my Nitro and it works beautifully but I refuse to transport it out in the open on long interstate travel.  I would prefer to remove the cage, netting, struts, and prop when I go somewhere of a long distance.  Just searching for any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

Hey Andy thanks for the reply.  I suppose what I am looking for are any ideas or suggestions yourself or others have regarding how to deal with quickly gathering/tying up the relatively loose sections of the netting along the bottom of the hoop.  This may just be a result of how I have tied up the very last sections or pieces of the netting on either side of the frame at the bottom.  On my Nitro they were somewhat loose and I didn't like the idea of them flopping in the breeze so I tied them to the frame with para-chord as neatly as I could.  I can post some photos showing what I did.

I looking for a more convenient way of dealing with the loose sections that would make it easier to disassemble the cage and reassemble at my launch site.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have fitted new net to my Ti Nitro. You have to drill out all the rivets, but once you find the right size of drill it is easy. The new net comes with the rivets....you obviously need a pop rivet gun. The new net is a different shape, better covers the lower part and has additional velcro straps to close gap.

1 hour ago, geoffw said:

Hi Andy do you use Vince at custom air for spares. 

I used to, but since Vince handed over AC business to footflightparamotors I have ordered direct from France using the main AC website. All parts are on there and delivery has been fast.