As they say practice makes perfect

That's unlikely to be due to any wind shift as there was no wind. Most likely (I have had this a few times) is that one wing tip was slightly tangled, or just tucked behind a line for a short time. Sometimes a tip tangle clears itself so you don't know what happened. Sometimes you have to gain height then start giving short sharp tugs to the offending lines to untangle it.

Having done this a few times, the last thing I now do after laying out my wing is double check each wing tip, make sure they are perfectly laid out and all the lines are on top and no tangles. I have also had a similar thing happen due to a small twig on the ground - because the wing inflates in the middle first, the tips drag for a short distance over the ground and can snag on anything.

On 30/11/2020 at 04:19, AndyB said:

That's unlikely to be due to any wind shift as there was no wind. Most likely (I have had this a few times) is that one wing tip was slightly tangled, or just tucked behind a line for a short time. Sometimes a tip tangle clears itself so you don't know what happened. Sometimes you have to gain height then start giving short sharp tugs to the offending lines to untangle it.

Having done this a few times, the last thing I now do after laying out my wing is double check each wing tip, make sure they are perfectly laid out and all the lines are on top and no tangles. I have also had a similar thing happen due to a small twig on the ground - because the wing inflates in the middle first, the tips drag for a short distance over the ground and can snag on anything.

Umm that could be it, i will need to recheck everytime those tip brakes are underneath everything, they sometimes are hard free up and that would make sense. Thanks for your insight, i will continue to improve myself

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...