Field needed (and drink)

Been a bit quiet lately on our local site, is everybody still talking after the last 'pub' meeting?

Not been too lucky with work/weather lately and the chances to go to Lambourn for training have been few and far between. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to getting down at the weekend.

I have, however, purchased a PAP 1250 from Ian and a Revolution 30 wing from Simon W.

All I could do with now is somewhere local that I can have a play at ground handling the wing in preperation that isn't too public (dont want to attract a crowd and make a fool of myself).

I live in Thame and work in Aylesbury, can anybody help?

Are we having a meet soon?

Eddie

In Delhi until tomorrow night then 22 days off :D . I need to play this weekend now I've got my motor back with new cylinder, crankshaft and redrive. Who's got a field that isn't knee deep in grass?

Hi Eddie,

Looks like a nice evening for some ground handling. Possibly out already!

My field is quite out of the way but unfortunately waste height in grass at the moment. Think they should be cutting it soon. Will let you know.

I'm also up for a drink sometime soon. :D

Rob

Obviously you and Ian are talkng about the same field, I think we should have a Lawn Mower party and get it sorted!!!

Seriousy though, Let me know when it is available and I will try and sort out a date (with a bit of notice) when we can have a beer.

Eddie

• 1 month later...

Just an update. I have now been airborn and am keen to keep going but SW and a few of the lads are on the Tip to Tip (as I am sure you know) so I am, once again, looking for a field nearby to practice in.

If anybody can help it will save me trudging down to Lambourn on my own for the next couple of weeks until SW gets back.

Regards

Eddie

Just an update. I have now been airborn and am keen to keep going but SW and a few of the lads are on the Tip to Tip (as I am sure you know) so I am, once again, looking for a field nearby to practice in.

If anybody can help it will save me trudging down to Lambourn on my own for the next couple of weeks until SW gets back.

Regards

Eddie

Eddie,

Have you asked all the farms nearer than Lambourne yet?

Across the country fields are being cut just for us :-) So now is a good time.

I asked one in Bath after seeing a recently cut field, then going back when they were there and he instatly said yes.

Good Luck

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

I am sure that I can find somewhere local but I was hoping to find somewhere other Paramotorists are using as meeting them is also important.

I know there are a few people in the area of Thame/Aylesbury/Oxford that fly regularly and was hoping to meet up with them.

I am sure someone will have somewhere otherwise I will have to start asking around.

I dont want this sport to be a solo sport if I can help it!

Regards

Eddie

Hi Eddie, how's it going? I have not been able to play for the last week and for the next 10 days due to excess of work, family visiting from overseas, simulator checks, etc, etc. Rob and I have been flying recently with Simon P and Andrew Shepherd around the Thame/Westcott area which IIRC is your neck of the woods. Andrew is a British team member (he competed in the single seat trike class in Beijing last Autumn) who is great for superb tips on getting technique just right and this is certainly a game where technique is everything! Good technique saves props!

HI Ian

Good to hear from you. As you can tell I am flying now (just about) and very keen to carry on.

Unfortunately for me (not for the charities involved) the Tip to Tip is taking a couple of weeks out of my training as going to Lambourn on my own is a bit far which is why I was looking for flying sites near Thame to use for practice!.

It seems that everybody will be busy for a couple of weeks so I will just have to be patient.

No doubt the rest of the Summer will be perfect weather!

Hope to see you soon

Eddie