Early and late.

All,

I am heading into the field in just a few moments for a morning flight. (2 hours)

I will also be at the flag pole this evening for a sunset flight. (21:00)

Keeping my hand in with the light wind stuff ready for the Tip to Tip.

SW :D

Excellent, anybody got any directions for me or a Google Earth file.

What time is someone there from as I could do with ground handling a new wing and emptying Scottish sand, seaweed and midges from it before launching!!

There's a possiblitity of a Paul and a Steve to add to that too.

I'm the one you all need to steer clear of though, shall be attempting only my 4th flight and hoping to get my first 'stay on feet' landing too, yikes, still scares the hell outa me, I understand there is plenty of room in the field hence my reason for attending! :D

Malcs,

Our current site is a little smaller that the main summer site up at the Ridgeway.....

But hey come and see what you think I spose.

I am off to the shops for some BBQ stuff.

What a great day!

I had 1 hour 45 this morning..... over the mist..

and a great 40 min this evening flying around the biggest hot air balloon I have ever seen! It must have had 10 people maybe more in it. ( Triumph, the bra)

Great to meet Malcs !

Rob from Baydon is up and flying again....

Must be summer :D :D :D

Yes, good to meet you guys. Kicking myself this morning though.

My first attempt at a reverse launch, wing came up easy, turned perfectly into wind and got going, checked the canopy and the lines, everything felt comfortable, organised and smooth and that spooked me, all that bloody take off area in front of me too!!!

I guess it's all part of the process for some of us, I shall get it up tonight or tomorrow now or my mrs will nag me to sell my kit!

Next time you guys fly over the weekend................can anyone come?

I am a newbie still Malcs..........have just managed my fourth flight.

I just cant seem to hook up with anybody over Kent way.........the farmers I was hoping to fly with are all just so busy!!!!

I am desperate to get loads in this summer. I need a real confidence boost and I think if flying with experienced pilots then you tend to get just that?! Maybe I need to get a refresher course with Simon?

When you want to learn something and you have bags of enthusiasm then your learning curve accelerates!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will watch the forum intently.......

Mike

Hi Mike

I fly out of my instructor Andys' field at the top of Detling Hill near Maidstone. He has other fields, including on Sheppey which I have yet to fly out of and I have access to some fields a bit further away in New Romney.

I will have a check with Andy but am sure that you would be most welcome to join us if we get to fly on the weekend.

Best regards,

Ian.

PM sent.