In a long queue but another wannabe pensioner pilot looking for a wing to kite, Please

Skipper101

I kinda have total respect for the thing and Im already catching the weather thing, other people want to know whether its good for a day out , Im thinking could I fly if  I could fly lol . In all of this remote outpost I have found the one field that the very first flights to Skye happened back in the 1920s and its still not under cultivation, just mown for silage and I called with a large bottle of dram to pave the way the only hazard being the west facing beach but it s hundreds of yards away,  so thats where ill be from hereon, head north turn left you can't miss my new bright orange spark, you might even see me on the news lol if you do can you collect my kit and follow the ambulance

1 minute ago, Skipper101 said:

Im thinking could I fly

That might be a curse you carry to the grave.... 20+ years and I still cant look at the sky without it being a flight calculation.

5 minutes ago, Skipper101 said:

I called with a large bottle of dram to pave the way

Class!

7 minutes ago, Skipper101 said:

the only hazard being the west facing beach but it s hundreds of yards away,

If its a steep face, at certain windspeeds it will shed rotor ... make life interesting for you.

What motor / wing did you get?

Just now, Skipper101 said:

like i really know lol

You have cracked the hardest part... You pulled the trigger and splashed the cash!
Its just a matter of time now.
The winds are looking like they might be light up there Fri Sat Sun... If the weatherman isn't lying, you might be holding that glider over your head for short runs by Sunday :) 

• Thanks 1

Congratulations on the kit. Fresh Breeze is a well respected make, I had an earlier one as my first motor.

A memorable phrase as said by an instructor 'when kiting don't f*ck with the wing, make love to it'. What he meant was use smooth inputs on the controls, hope you get the feel for it quickly.

• Like 1

Just in case you haven't started using any of these... I "occasionally" use the last one (RASP) on technical flights to try to get an idea of how much of a spanking I'm going to get in a mid day xc when cloud base is higher than I can escape from.
Trust none of them to be the final word on what to expect :) 

Simple glance:
https://xcweather.co.uk/

More detail:
https://www.windy.com/?iconEu,57.338,-5.984,10,m:fgKafYB

In depth:
http://rasp.stratus.org.uk/app/welcome.php

9 minutes ago, Blackburn Mark said:

Just in case you haven't started using any of these... I "occasionally" use the last one (RASP) on technical flights to try to get an idea of how much of a spanking I'm going to get in a mid day xc when cloud base is higher than I can escape from.

Yep, I use RASP too, though mainly to see what time I should think about landing by 😁  

• Like 1