Very Frustrated

MatthewClay

If I am ever up your way, I'm getting a brew out of you and a tour!!
I bet you are one of those grumpy old bastards who is only any good at making shit, teaching and being a grandad :) 

Believe it or not, I have seven mic's METRIC!!!
Couple of digital... My eyes are going :) 
One good set of clippers and a stack of shit ones

Cant stand imperial... even the lathe is metric
My favorite measuring tools are a set of cheap telescopic gauges.... no idea why but I love using them

• 1 month later...
On 18/08/2020 at 19:31, AndyB said:

I have always found reverse has far more opportunity for getting it wrong. After nearly 200 flights I have still only done one reverse. Forward is fine once you have mastered feeling the wing. Just get used to "taxiing" the wing in forward movement, then you know you are in shape for adding power. And before others say you have to use reverse for higher winds, I fly in winds up to 13/14 mph....all you have to be prepared to do is take a few steps backwards as the wing comes up.

Haha I'm the exact opposite. I'm really comfortable with reverse and nail it first time whenever the wind speed is enough. I've got a line caught in the prop and about 50% success with forward launch, maybe less (though I only do these in practically nill winds). I have a friend who is just like you. He'd do forward while I'm doing reverse, so I guess it comes down to personal preference and what you feel most confident about.

I found that my friend was weight-shifting when turning around after pulling up the wing on reverse. I told him to hold it on the left brake and he nailed it, so this might help someone else out there.

Cheers!

With some wind reverse is easy and after you turn around it is just like a forward! I don't do them simply because forward is easier, when you have learnt fully.

Forwards just need sufficient practice that you can feel the wing as it comes up and be moving to the appropriate side without any hesitation ie moving sideways while still in the pulling wing up phase. Most people pull the wing up, then look at it, then adjust. Often it is too late for sideways adjustment by then - I can't look at the wing as my back is bent forward over 45 degrees. Practice forward launches, without looking at the wing and just feel what is going on.

• Like 1