Training near Warwick

Hi

As far as I know there is nowhere near Warwick that does training.

I live in Stratford upon Avon and would have certainly done some training myself by now if there was somewhere more local.

My plan was to go and do a course with FlySpain or SkySchool this year but Covid has put an end to that until next year.
If you find anyone more local for some training please let me know.

1 hour ago, AdrianR said:

Hi

As far as I know there is nowhere near Warwick that does training.

I live in Stratford upon Avon and would have certainly done some training myself by now if there was somewhere more local.

My plan was to go and do a course with FlySpain or SkySchool this year but Covid has put an end to that until next year.
If you find anyone more local for some training please let me know.

Have a look at fly Italia www.fly-italia.co.uk 

Hi Guys, I live in Stratford-on-Avon and fly from local sites. Parajet Zenith Polini 130 Thor and Paramania REVO 2 wing. We have a small local club on Telegram App. that lets other local pilots know if we are going flying that day.

Officially there is no licence required to PPG but I would not recommend that route, better to take lessons that will also show you air law and how to fly safely. I was lucky, because I was an advanced rated paraglider pilot with over 400 hours, it was just a two day course to convert to Paramotor. I flew with an instructor from South Wales who taught on the beach, huge landing area, consistant on shore sea breeze. Perfect for learning. But there is another school in central lower UK. Both teach complete beginners from scratch or convert paraglider pilots.

It's one of the few hobbies that REALLY gives you a buzz. Can't recommend it enough, but it will take over your life; always watching the weather, looking for the next window of opportunity!

If you want more details, give me a shout.

9.120 Broadway Tower.jpg

3.200 Haselor through cloud.jpg

On 04/08/2020 at 20:06, Mark Pugh said:

Hi Guys, I live in Stratford-on-Avon and fly from local sites. Parajet Zenith Polini 130 Thor and Paramania REVO 2 wing. We have a small local club on Telegram App. that lets other local pilots know if we are going flying that day.

Officially there is no licence required to PPG but I would not recommend that route, better to take lessons that will also show you air law and how to fly safely. I was lucky, because I was an advanced rated paraglider pilot with over 400 hours, it was just a two day course to convert to Paramotor. I flew with an instructor from South Wales who taught on the beach, huge landing area, consistant on shore sea breeze. Perfect for learning. But there is another school in central lower UK. Both teach complete beginners from scratch or convert paraglider pilots.

It's one of the few hobbies that REALLY gives you a buzz. Can't recommend it enough, but it will take over your life; always watching the weather, looking for the next window of opportunity!

If you want more details, give me a shout.

9.120 Broadway Tower.jpg

3.200 Haselor through cloud.jpg

Hi Mark

Yes we met when you kindly dropped off some old Skywings mags to my house.

I saw you flying going back a few weeks ago. I was quite jealous :)

• 1 year later...

Hi Adrian, since speaking with you, I dropped more old mags to Ben and he has already taken the lessons and almost caught me up in flying hours!!!

We have a small Telegram group, if you are still keen to learn or just have a chat, get in touch again. Covid won't last for ever !!!!!!! We are quite safe out in the middle of a field somewhere!