Paramotor instructor.

Only to often the question is asked.... How can I be the perfect student? Here is a question that I want to ask..

I would ask that only pilots with 5 hours or less comment (that includes people in training)

What makes a good Paramotor Instructor?

your answer to this question will have an effect I am sure.

Rant if you want to rant, but make it constructive, I would be happy if no names were mentioned, this post is for the BENEFIT of people learning to fly a Paramotor.

SW :D

Only to often the question is asked.... How can I be the perfect student? Here is a question that I want to ask..

I would ask that only pilots with 5 hours or less comment (that includes people in training)

What makes a good Paramotor Instructor?

your answer to this question will have an effect I am sure.

Rant if you want to rant, but make it constructive, I would be happy if no names were mentioned, this post is for the BENEFIT of people learning to fly a Paramotor.

SW :D

Well at this point in time, I would be content with one who would at least get back to me when I send text messages or send email.

I've had promises that I would be the first person he'd contact when the weather was good. Have there been NO trainable days since Easter?

No names YET!

• 4 weeks later...

I just fit your criteria, and having had more than one instructor I know a bit about being trained.

Having one to one time, either at the field or on the phone to iron out problems and to talk about situations is great.

An instructor who gives you confidence in what you are doing is essential, it must be hard from the insrtuctors point of view to explain everything that can go wrong and then have to tell someone not to worry about it and JFDI.

From a pupils point of view (read the blogs) everyone is nervous about actually flying (even me - still) so a keen sense of humour settles the nerves, quick pre flight pee always helps - maybe you would get more female students if there were bushes with better facilities.

No need for me to rant about anyone as all my instructors at the old flyschool (Mad Mark, Pete & Kev) were brilliant, any break time was blackboard out and learn air law, met, principles of flight, siv, pre flight checks, motor maintenance, etc etc so your brain got just as big a workout as your muscles ground handling. No need to rant about Lambourn training as that is where I got into the air.

Everyone is an individual, assess everyone as such and concentrate on their weaknesses tailoring training to them - don't treat them as a number that needs to pass a course in 4-6 days to free up a space for the next paying student.

I'm not jelous of your job.....

....much :wink:

One last comment - PARTY ON - nuff said :lol:

I just fit your criteria, and having had more than one instructor I know a bit about being trained.

Having one to one time, either at the field or on the phone to iron out problems and to talk about situations is great.

An instructor who gives you confidence in what you are doing is essential, it must be hard from the insrtuctors point of view to explain everything that can go wrong and then have to tell someone not to worry about it and JFDI.

From a pupils point of view (read the blogs) everyone is nervous about actually flying (even me - still) so a keen sense of humour settles the nerves, quick pre flight pee always helps - maybe you would get more female students if there were bushes with better facilities.

No need for me to rant about anyone as all my instructors at the old flyschool (Mad Mark, Pete & Kev) were brilliant, any break time was blackboard out and learn air law, met, principles of flight, siv, pre flight checks, motor maintenance, etc etc so your brain got just as big a workout as your muscles ground handling. No need to rant about Lambourn training as that is where I got into the air.

Everyone is an individual, assess everyone as such and concentrate on their weaknesses tailoring training to them - don't treat them as a number that needs to pass a course in 4-6 days to free up a space for the next paying student.

I'm not jelous of your job.....

....much :wink:

One last comment - PARTY ON - nuff said :lol:

DUDE

Technically skilled, well informed and up to date with sport's developments

Good listening and analytical skills.

Has more than one explanation/delivery for each concept or lesson plan. "If that doesn't work for you, how about thinking of it in these terms..."

Zero bullshit - no answer to a question? - "I don't know but I will find out for you"

Never condescending, starts from where the student is and works forward - a keen eye to the students needs.

Requires high standards but understands that there is a pathway, and time is required to travel it - and that we all move at different rates.

Displays a fine example without demonstrating the astral level of his skill at every opportunity.

Above everything, safe, supportive and searching for the best that someone has within them.

You can make a good instructor but to get the best ones are born to fly and just love passing on something that is very close to their heart.

• 1 month later...

i think one who doesnt try flog ya there gear , on the training side ithink one who is a good listener and can answer the questions asked in variable ways also when things are done wrong by the student to be told and explained why and how it aint right , if it is a hard job for the instructor then he really ought to have another job really i think it does take some patients and certain qualities to be a insructor on a daily basis, anyway thats me done lol :loll:

as a student who has just started out I think I could ad to this thread.

I first made contact with the instructer concerned through this site, he PMed me his number and i gave him a call, he was polite, well informed and told me exactly what i wanted to know without any baffling jargon or BS.

when i went to his training site I was greeted and shown around the equipment in a profesional manner, we( he has 3 other students) were then treated to a couple of hours of ground handling, the tuition was spot on, he never missed an oportunity to explain different situations to us in a clear and presice manner, he encouraged us when we got it right and explain what we were doing wrong without ever being conderscending, all in all i cant fault his tuition, enthusiasm and professional approach.

The question is:

should I name him?

or will he need to ordering a bigger flying helmet after reading this :lol::lol:

i think or guess there is a lot of good instructors as there is good people at everythin but there is some garbage too and whether there good or bad would come down to a persons standards i guess, and i guess this goes for anythin we buy or have to pay for some pay for crap and get crap and are happy with it but others wouldnt touch it i would like an oportunity to maybe spend some time with a good instructor even if i know what i am being told it wouldnt hurt to be told again apparently we only retain so much info in any one go so it sure would not hurt to have a good instuctor at the side of me