dantheman

Guildford low flying

Hi guys,
Just a note that someone living in Guildford mentioned to me that a few low flying paramotors have come to their attention recently causing a nuisance. it's the houses directly after the Hogs Back transmitter as you are flying due East to Newlands Corner. If you are able to get a few hundred feet higher or divert slightly South I'm sure it would be appreciated.
Thanks

Posted (edited)

Hi Dan, about time you got back in the air?

Saw quite a few paramotors around Guildford last night, the airspace is now much more complicated with the new Farnborough air space going live.

It looked like some may be flying along the downs from Green Dragons Site, as well.

Paul

Farnborough-Controlled-Airspace-combined

Edited by 8086

Since I first mentioned the low flying it has happened every weekend. This evening at 8:00pm Tuesday June 23rd someone was turning circles no more than 75ft above my garden. I have spoken to my neighbours and we are considering legal action to close you down due to what are I’m sure a minority of reckless fliers with no consideration for others.

Posted (edited)

If you have the date and time along with some form of proof, a picture or video of them flying low which identifies their wing and motor then I am sure the Civil Aviation Authority would be interested to hear about it. On the whole we try to be very respectful, but theres one or two that let the rest down.

Edited by Richard Leishman

Unfortunately theres a couple of foreigners who launch from anywhere they can park up around that area , They Don’t give a shit about the air regs , or how low they fly , I haven’t haven’t seen them at the Guildford field for a while ,