Poll - flying post lockdown

Flying post lock down  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Our community should refrain from flying to help the NHS even after the lock down. Please select the answer(s) that best reflect why you agree.

• Yes because it’s selfish to do a risk sport when the NHS is under Increased pressure
    • Yes, but for other reasons (i.e. you are sanctimonious, please specify)
    • Yes because it would give the sport a bad reputation to be flying when A and E departments are busy
  2. 2. Anyone who flies post lock down when the NHS is busy should be publicly shamed and reported to the police for anti-social behaviour.

• Yes as a deterrent to others
    • Yes, because I have low self esteem and it makes me feel powerful and important

1 minute ago, jock said:

CAA didn't actually put a ban in like they did in Europe. It's just advice so as far as the law is concerned, you are ok to fly from Wednesday.esp with boris new rules.

I have had a quick skim (50 page doc) and all seems well for getting "some" flying done.

Pennine soaring club are sticking with the BHPA (I expect most clubs to do the same)
The BHPA are being a bit wooly so by default are sat with the status quo.... so club site based free-flight is still in limbo for now.
(I would expect this to change reasonably quickly)

So its between land owners and individual pilots for those of us who fly outside club sites.

6 hours ago, AndyB said:

A little off topic........I built my garage years ago with a runway beam, hoist and vacuum lifter. Some of the granite blocks I have are 300 kg. I also have a small elec forklift. The tree I made during lockdown is about 350 kg....

TREE 1.JPG

Wow , normally any copper I get get turned in to ingots, I couldn’t put that in the pot 👏👍

15 hours ago, Blackburn Mark said:

I have had a quick skim (50 page doc) and all seems well for getting "some" flying done.

Pennine soaring club are sticking with the BHPA (I expect most clubs to do the same)
The BHPA are being a bit wooly so by default are sat with the status quo.... so club site based free-flight is still in limbo for now.
(I would expect this to change reasonably quickly)

So its between land owners and individual pilots for those of us who fly outside club sites.

Fri/sat look good

1 hour ago, jock said:

ive been on the hunt for a field with short grass,as my fields are to long,just found one for w/end

Found two fields, nicely cut recently. Tracked down the farmer but he was out, though spoke with his mother. Now waiting a call back...

• Like 1

Nothing to do with the decisions the BHPA make but all boating restrictions were based on the "essential travel" restrictions and they have all been relaxed. The RYA have given the green light for all of it. I better get the ski out !

Fingers crossed for similar actions for flying