Next Wing?

So, I have been flying my Dudek Synthesis 2 for quite a while now, but am thinking of looking to upgrade as it were....I am looking for something slightly quicker and more agile, but still decent for XC.....what suggests would you folks have? Not really interested at this stage of going full warp speed! 

I have looked at the Dudek Solo but that to me seems would be more of a sideways step? I do like the Dudek wings but I don't think they make it all that clear as to their range progression..apart from this wing is good for beginners and this wing (if you can launch it ;-) ) is going to kill you if you fart incorrectly while flying.... What about the middle ground?

What would you go for?

I've been down a similar track and I'll share what I have read up on so far. I have found a bit of a gap between intermediate and competition wings. The Ozone Spyder 2 seems to be a popular choice as well as the Scirocco 2. I've heard that the Gin Falcon is very fast and handles well.

The Ozone Freeride, from my understanding, is similar to the Viper but toned down to be more accessible to non competitive pilots. It's still a very performance orientated wing and is not for low airtime pilots. I thing that the Gin Carve is up in this spot too.

I was interested in the Niviuk Kougar 3 as this is the class of wing where I think the market is lacking a bit......that was until I saw Tucker's video of the wing collapsing on speedbar......

Dudek has the Report'air and the Nucleon xx. The Report'air is a more stable platform whilst the Nuc xx is more agile and can be a bit bumpy in turbulence. 

I fly a Nuc xx 24 and I enjoy it but I've been looking for a little bit more. It doesn't seem to be a very popular wing as I cannot find too many people who have a lot to say about it and I don't know why. The Hadron xx gets a lot of mention (as well as the Warp) but the gap in experience level to fly this wing (from intermediate to competition) seems very big.  Some say the Nuc xx is not very efficient but it seems to do pretty well and I can tell you from first hand experience that it's solid in turbulence....even though it feels the bumps because of the higher wingloading as a result of the shark nose profile.

I have read reviews where people have said it's busier and more agile than a lot of the intermediate wings I have mentioned here. I don't think its as agile as the Freeride and Carve and I don't know about the Kougar 3.

I've rambled on a bit but I hope you can get some value out of what I have written. I'm not dissing any of theses wings (for those battle-hardened keyboard warriors looking to strike:-)) and I look forward to reading what others have to say. 

• Like 1

Not sure if you're after a "hotter" wing or just a replacement but this is lifted from the Dudek Solo manual:

The question arises about the differences between Solo and similar wings in this segment - the no longer produced Synthesis 2. In a nutshell, it can be said that Solo is a little more advanced when it comes to flight parameters due to its slightly greater aspect ratio (5.4, as compared to 5.1 on the Synthesis), yet at the same time it is easier to use...
Compared to Synthesis, Solo gets up and launches easier. In flight, its canopy is a bit softer, so that controls are lighter, and pilot can get a better feel of the air when thermalling. It is also more economical and has wider take-off weight ranges.
...while Solo is a pleasant, thoroughbred paramotor wing for intermediate pilots looking for uncomplicated wings for fun and cross-country flying. The Solo has a shorter trimmers...and risers are easier to operate.

Thanks Folks,

I had read that stuff about the Solo on the sales page.....🤔 

Shame that Paramania don't still make the GTX or GTR

I have been tempted by the Nuc XX but again the efficiency thing....my Moster chews through at least 5 to 6L an hour on the Syntesis 2 I use slightly less when i fly my Revo 2 but that wing is massive up to 220kg!

Hmmm....

I'm in a similar position in having had a Synth 2 for a few years now and feel its it's time for a change. I only need a wing to be good at blatting around the countryside and not interested in acro. My 26 m Synth will do 32mph on max trim speed which I think is pretty good and I'm not sure that many other docile wings will achieve much more than that. I am looking for a wing which is capable of similar speed but more feedback. 

• Like 1

I fly a Reportair after always flying a Synth the first thing is you will be surprised how much smaller you can drop in size I went from a 34 to a 28 and could possibly fly a 26 if I stopped eating the pies. 
I have been flying since around 2007 and most of it was with a Synth have flown a few others. What I will say is the Reportair is all I’m ever going to need it’s fast enough, will turn quick should I feel the need to, and it’s also stable and very easy to launch. 
Neilzy 

• Like 1

Went from a Synth 2 29 to a Nuc XX 24, love the Nuc so responsive and of course quicker than the Synth. The NucXX was a good stepup from my First wing and launchs easier, need to run a little longer/faster on take off obviously but as Neilzy said you'll be suprised how much smaller you can go with a more advanced wing. The Landing on the Nuc XX is superb with great Flare authority. I weigh 90kg BTW.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, darkwing said:

Parawookie, have you checked the pop off pressure in your carb? Might be a bit low if it's using 5-6 l/h. Should be around 14 - 18 psi I think.

Embarrassingly .....no I haven’t....

I made a Tester and keep meaning to do it.....honestly.....I will get on it.

I did do my 100 hour service though and the piston looked ok ....cleaned the head etc tightened everything back up....it ran a bit better after that.....it was about 120 odd hours I did it if I’m honest. I think I have been running a little more oil in the fuel following that service, there were signs (well to me at least) she had been running a little hot and lean....at times.

Pop off pressure on the to do list!

:-)