Project light

Magnus Törnvall

I'm trying to figure out what options I have for a new paramotor setup. It's going to be based on Top 80 (most probable) , Atom 80 or EOS 100. 

Air conception claim that their delta 140 frame weights in at 2 kg, which makes it a good candidate for my setup. Do you know the actual weight of the frame? 

What motor options do I have on this frame? Are any or all of the motors possible to mount of the frame? That is, without having to manufacture your own conversion plate. 

Speaking of conversion plates. How would one go about making a conversion plate? Especially when weight is prioritized. 

What is the engine mount schema/geometry for Air conception engines? That is, the distance between the mounting points.

Are there any better options around? 

I appreciate any and all information. 

Didn’t want to alter frame , adjusted eos mount to suit frame used the  original Ac iso mounts , no engine plate  needed , 

engine was a pig to start at first , changed carb diaphragms also raised pull starter pulley higher up the frame so the motor flicked over quicker , swap pull cord for a old A line I had , get loads more on the starter pulley ,  just something I wanted to try , 

Excellent, thank you. 

Did you have to make the spacers yourself? 

Does it have a balanced feel when flying? Have you had fine-tune the mounting at all? 

I got ahold of the AC engine drawing. 

I'm curious to hear from an expert on this. Are the engines similar enough that it makes sense to mount the EOS on the AC frame? 😊

mounting-drawing-nitro-tornado.pdf Einbaumasse_EOS100-Booster.pdf

Edited by Magnus Törnvall

Hi Magnus
Have you considered the latest 2020 EOS150 instead of the older EOS100 Booster for just a little extra cost? Rob Ferrero at www.wasppg.com can give you all the help you need in fitting the engine, mounts etc. With that and cas_whitmore's help you will be up and away in no time with a lightweight and powerful engine.

cheers, Paul

2 hours ago, cas_whitmore said:

Actually Paul is right , if your starting with nothing,  buy the unit ready to go , eos will probably end up in My Miniplane , and I’ll try 150 in the AC frame 

Well, I live in Sweden so ordering the whole unit from the UK is not what I'm after. 

Besides, half the fun is planning it out. 😊

3 hours ago, Shotan said:

Hi Magnus
Have you considered the latest 2020 EOS150 instead of the older EOS100 Booster for just a little extra cost? Rob Ferrero at www.wasppg.com can give you all the help you need in fitting the engine, mounts etc. With that and cas_whitmore's help you will be up and away in no time with a lightweight and powerful engine.

cheers, Paul

I don't see myself needing the extra power on this unit. If I did I would probably go with the nitro 200 as is. 

I have reached out to Robert to see if he can help with a "convertion kit". Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2020 at 16:41, cas_whitmore said:

Actually Paul is right , if your starting with nothing,  buy the unit ready to go , eos will probably end up in My Miniplane , and I’ll try 150 in the AC frame 

So you have both the AC race and Miniplane frame? 

How do they compare? Is it the ABM frame? 

Yes Miniplane ABM , can’t find any negative issues with it , it’s very comfortable to wear  never had problems with spares ,I do service it more than I should though 😁I’m 70 kgs gets me off the ground easy enough on my rapp, or Freeride ,

AC ,EOS 100 , noticeable lighter than above ,  comfortable even in those hot summer days , get your gear to other side of field in one trip ,  climbs a lot better but it is lighter , engine feels more on the pipe compared to top 80 above , but still going strong got the carb dialled in eventually and starts with no fuss . 

13 minutes ago, cas_whitmore said:

Just to add you can’t power launch with these frames , , the hoop/ring will flex enough to hit the prop , but you do need to if you get trained 😉

Power launching with the WASP has no issues at all. The frame does not flex enough for a prop strike... nowhere near! Poor technique will destroy any frame if you try hard enough!

3 hours ago, cas_whitmore said:

Just to add you can’t power launch with these frames , , the hoop/ring will flex enough to hit the prop , but you do need to if you get trained 😉

I have been power launching AC for 18 months - it is the only way I can take off with  bad back. The Nitro I can use full power and my arms are strong enough to hold the lines clear of frame. The Tornado needs more gentle application of power.