House Insurance and paramotors

Has anyone had any luck getting their paramotor insured on their house insurance as a valuable insured outside the home?

I just checked with mine (Hastings Direct) and one of the exclusions is 'any craft' which also excludes drones etc.

If you have had any luck, which insurer was it with?  (will hopefully save me a little time ringing round them all and having to explain what a paramotor is over and over)

Thanks

Yes, named item on Tesco insurance...which was fine until it was stolen. Then had a really big argument with them. They said it was excluded (as it was an aircraft) and I said, but you accepted it as a named item! They paid up and then would not insure it any more! Now I have a tracker hidden in it and a camera watching.

21 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Yes, named item on Tesco insurance...which was fine until it was stolen. Then had a really big argument with them. They said it was excluded (as it was an aircraft) and I said, but you accepted it as a named item! They paid up and then would not insure it any more! Now I have a tracker hidden in it and a camera watching.

Thanks. Thats exactly the scenario I'm hoping to avoid. Perhaps it isn't do-able, but thought I'd ask in case anyone has had any luck as my house insurance is due soon.

• 3 years later...

Here’s a thought if you want to insure on house insurance add as separate items

if you insure the engine it’s not an aircraft!

if you insure the wing it’s a kite!

just do them separately 

neither can fly without the other however would get you insured so long as the accept them as separate 

and I doubt any insurance company would even catch on