Insurance

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know where I can get insurance for a 2-week PPG course in Portugal with Skyschool? I'm an EU resident. I contacted AXA but they only do yearly policies, while Dogtag only insures UK residents.

You mean travel insurance with paramotoring cover?

Holidaysafe were cheap and pretty good to deal with and could add on paramotor pretty cheaply. Never had cause to claim though. 

All the public liability insurance would be with skyschool rather than yourself. You just need to know if you end up in hospital it is covered.

57 minutes ago, paraflyer17 said:

You mean travel insurance with paramotoring cover?

Holidaysafe were cheap and pretty good to deal with and could add on paramotor pretty cheaply. Never had cause to claim though. 

All the public liability insurance would be with skyschool rather than yourself. You just need to know if you end up in hospital it is covered.

I mean 3rd party liability as well as accident insurance. I just checked with Holidaysafe and they also only insure UK-residents.

On 23/05/2021 at 12:15, Miniplane-Russ said:

You really should get 3rd liability insurance from your school whilst under instruction? If they don't offer that, I'd seriously consider why not? You will get cover whilst training with a BHPA school, make sure you check out all your options before spending a chunk of cash!

I would like to think that Alex has a school insurance policy (which will cover you for 3rd parties while under instruction) I would clarify this with him but he would be bonkers to not have it so fairly sure he will have. 

SW :D