New Starter looking for Training in South Wilts

Hi all, am a CP paraglider with a new Maverick Sport Moster 185 and an Ozone Roadster 2, looking for other pilots in South Wiltshire for training advice and launch locations.  Am just about to run in the engine, using the Vittorazi recommended 33 to 1 2T mix, which is not the Parajet 50 to 1 mix.  To my mind the higher lubed mix is more safe for breakin!  

9 hours ago, Chris Dev said:

Hi all, am a CP paraglider with a new Maverick Sport Moster 185 and an Ozone Roadster 2, looking for other pilots in South Wiltshire for training advice and launch locations.  Am just about to run in the engine, using the Vittorazi recommended 33 to 1 2T mix, which is not the Parajet 50 to 1 mix.  To my mind the higher lubed mix is more safe for breakin!  

If the handbook says 50 to 1 it might be worth sticking to that. Remember that in a 2t some of the oil won't get burnt but all of the oil goes through the engine. More oil won't necessarily mean better lubrication but it will mean a higher compression ration and it will mean more unburnt oil in you silencer and it will mean more smoke. Just my 2p. I have just bought the same motor but mine is a low hours and already broken in so this is general years of 2t experience talking not moster 185 specific experience.

It’s also worth bearing in mind that it depends on what oil you’re using. Vittorazi specify two break in ratios, depending on whether you're using motul 710 or 800. And I seen to recall from my breaking in that the lowest ratio I was told was 40:1 to the 15th litre and then 50:1 (with 710). 33:1 seems excessive but I've not seen your documentation.