Paramotors at Hayle cornwall

Hi, I went flying today from St Ives to make the most of the fantastic weather and was very pleased to see half a dozen or so flyers playing on the beach at Hayle. Anyone know who they were? It would be really good to know when there are others around as i usually fly on my own, I have a couple of mates who are training but no one else around. Be really good to meet up if any of you are coming down this way.

It was me with 7 other guys. Most of the guys (except Whitters) belong to Davidstow.  We all had a day out and flew around and arrange to land at Hayle beach, was met by Daniel's wife and had a Cornish Pastie each.  

Yes Whitters was flying a PPG (first time in two years).  

We thought it would be a good idea to have a pre- PMC Coastal Run.

Fantastic day out with us all in the air at the same time, with lovely scenery that far down the coast :-) 

Tony

PM Sent

• Like 1

i was literally chomping at the bit today! So glad to hear there is an active group of flyers down here. I can cope with my own company if I have to but learning from a group of experienced pilots right on my doorstep is a great opportunity. 

5 days till training starts, two weeks of head scratching and practice then its home to start developing those skills. I cant wait.

2 minutes ago, MattMc said:

i was literally chomping at the bit today! So glad to hear there is an active group of flyers down here. I can cope with my own company if I have to but learning from a group of experienced pilots right on my doorstep is a great opportunity. 

5 days till training starts, two weeks of head scratching and practice then its home to start developing those skills. I cant wait.

Where are you doing your training?

2 minutes ago, MattMc said:

No its closer to mojacor

i did half and half on my training, 1 week in the uk and was really lucky with weather and a week in Fermo in Italy. Its a fantastic experience. Still really nerve wracking doing my first solo flight back here afterwards though!! Took me a few visits to the field before i bucked up courage ... 

Just now, toploader said:

i did half and half on my training, 1 week in the uk and was really lucky with weather and a week in Fermo in Italy. Its a fantastic experience. Still really nerve wracking doing my first solo flight back here afterwards though!! Took me a few visits to the field before i bucked up courage ... 

That's why I was so keen to do the research and buy the kit had of time. I know it was a bit of a risk but I need to be back in the air in less than a week after I get back from training. I would like it to be the day after I get back but the motor has to be shipped to me. Im happy that I have some cool sounding guys local to me so I am happy that is I do get weather delayed those guys will get me back on it and up in the air. 

38 minutes ago, MattMc said:

That's why I was so keen to do the research and buy the kit had of time. I know it was a bit of a risk but I need to be back in the air in less than a week after I get back from training. I would like it to be the day after I get back but the motor has to be shipped to me. Im happy that I have some cool sounding guys local to me so I am happy that is I do get weather delayed those guys will get me back on it and up in the air. 

What kit did you buy?

45 minutes ago, MattMc said:

I just found it a bit daunting the first time without someone watching over me with radio contact. My first solo here was as i said solo. No one to watch that the wing came up with no tucks etc, no one to test if it was bumpy up there etc etc. Then you have got to work out all the options if the motor stops etc. Its a sensory overload but also a massive learning curve and bloody good fun too. I used the clubs kit while training but my own wing so at least i was familiar with my wing. But using your own motor for the first time also brings a new dimension too. Did i get the hang test right etc.   I would be happy to come up and help when you get back if you want? Just let me know. Cheers

9 hours ago, toploader said:

What kit did you buy?

So far I have bought a Parajet, a Universal 1.1 and an Independence reserve. This is all going to Spain so I can get trained with it and get it set up ready for me when I get home. Thank you so much for your kind offer of help, I am pretty sure I will need to take you up on it.

1 minute ago, MattMc said:

So far I have bought a Parajet, a Universal 1.1 and an Independence reserve. This is all going to Spain so I can get trained with it and get it set up ready for me when I get home. Thank you so much for your kind offer of help, I am pretty sure I will need to take you up on it.

Ideal. Ive got a parjet zenith and a universal 1.1 too. I am actually looking for a smaller wing as ive lost quite a bit of weight since i bought mine. They are great to launch and fly.  

10 hours ago, toploader said:

Still really nerve wracking doing my first solo flight back here afterwards though

Just pick a good day and come to Davidstow Airfield.  Mostly laminate (depending on direction) winds and a bloody big flat airfield to land on.  Once you've done a few on there you're be good to go :-)

• Like 1