MattMc

Ready? Steady? Here we go again.

6 hours ago, Steve said:

Very honest report, well done on your progress.

One big thing to remember is never feel pressured, whether from other people or from yourself. You're going to continue learning for years to come, so just take it easy and at a pace that works for you. Excess anxiety doesn't help anything. And remember, you never have to fly - you can just come back another day when you feel it's right. 

Were you with Steve Griffiths in Spain? 

Well said. Dont ever feel pressured to fly either by others or just by your own enthusiasm to get in the air. I waited a few months after returning from my training abroad before i got my first flight in back here. I visited the field loads of times but it just never felt right. In the end i picked a perfect day and went for it. A totally different feeling not having an instructor on the radio talking you through it thats for sure. Its a huge learning curve but an awesome one. 

22 hours ago, Steve said:

Very honest report, well done on your progress.

One big thing to remember is never feel pressured, whether from other people or from yourself. You're going to continue learning for years to come, so just take it easy and at a pace that works for you. Excess anxiety doesn't help anything. And remember, you never have to fly - you can just come back another day when you feel it's right. 

Were you with Steve Griffiths in Spain? 

Wise words buddy. I am blessed with almost no ego so Im not under any pressure from anyone including myself to push myself out of my comfort zone. I was with Steve.

4 minutes ago, toploader said:

How much flying did you manage to squeeze in Matt?

You know what? i forgot to keep a record for myself. Steve has the books. Im going to say I managed 10 flights of between 10 a 40 minutes.

• Upvote 1

Its amazing how much you can get in with good weather. Thats exactly why i completed my course in italy. It would of been good to stay at home to fly but it would of taken bloody months.

Was yours a BHPA course?

1 minute ago, toploader said:

Its amazing how much you can get in with good weather. Thats exactly why i completed my course in italy. It would of been good to stay at home to fly but it would of taken bloody months.

Was yours a BHPA course?

It was BHPA.

1 minute ago, asquaddie said:

Matt

10 flights in a week is pretty dam good - well done.

You should keep a record, good for motor maintenance (ha! ha!)

I kept a record of hours on the motor but not individual flights. What a numpty I am.

7 minutes ago, toploader said:

Matt are you planning to do any free flying or are you just going to stick with the motor?

When I set out to learn it was motor all the way but Im felling the need to do some free flying since Ive had a go. I need a harness to practice ground handling so I may as well get one good enough to fly with right?

Yeah i would. Its awesome for keeping up those ground skills and really good fun too. Hayle dunes are amazing fun in the right conditions. 

• Like 1

So today is an important day for me. All my kit has now arrive home from Spain. I am so sorry people but I am sure the rain and wind is my fault..... Every time I get anything new that needs decent weather it turn full apocalypse on me.

I have now taken up a new hobby. I like to call it Parawaiting.

• Haha 1