Hi, just joined. Norman

Hi all,

Just starting out; I live near Horsington, Somerset just south of Wincanton. I have bought my own kit and found Simon through Parajet (Gilo) and having read what others have written here and done other research, I feel already that I am in good company.

I have been flying 'big tin' for some years and wood, fabric and other stuff before that.

I am really looking forward to getting started with paramotoring, I have done some ground handling and enjoy that in itself. My camera is burning in my hands and life in the lower atmosphere is going to become much more interesting soon when I get a couple of hundred feet of it beneath my boots.

I look forward to joining you shivering on a hillside somewhere then warming up in a bar.

Or a more complex explanation of why I'm here.

Edited by Guest

Hillside...... Shivering.......

Na......

your thinking Paragliding......

We are..... well..... paramotorors...... LOL

It will ge great to introduce you to some proper flying and get you out of that computer controlled missile you sit in :wink::wink:

Not sure if I know you enough to get away with that just yet but hey.....

Welcome!

Welcome Norman and good choice on the club.

Great to have another Newbie on board and hope to 'greet and meet' you on the weekend.

Happy days.

Tony

Thanks Tony, I'm gettin' that warm feeling already! :lol:

:lol: Simon, (Of course you do!)

Paramoteurs makin' progress then!

Thanks for the welcome! See you soon I hope.

Edited by Guest

What a great web page! I spent my teenage years soaring in my dad's Oly! I remember one day getting in trouble with his syndicate partners because I spent a September afternoon soaring in thermals from stubble fires (remember those!) and put the glider back in its trailer late in the evening with soot all over the leading edges.

Are you LHR based Norman?

Regards

Ian

Thanks V23nb,

Yea, 777 and stayin' clear of the -400 due to route seepage and mental degradation. Though it was the happiest seven years of my time with BA on the big lady. 4 is best!

Happy days weren't they? From the photo albums, you are on the 340 - going to the 787? - what! only two engines... :wink:

See you in the fullness of time.

ATB,

Norman

My brother is a 777 skipper with your mob. He is also looking at starting paramotoring when he works out if he has any cash left after his divorce is finalised! I also know of a couple of other BA guys who are waiting for the weather to change so that they can start training.

bmi hold an annual fly-in at Lasham in August every year. Now I've never worked for them but they are happy to have any airline bod take part so I am planning to be there this year wing my kit so that will be the flour bombing contest sewn up then!

Yes I'm on the 340. I'm nearing the top of the SFO seniority list so it may be that I have to go to the 787 for my command. No disrespect to Boeing but having flown the 757 before for 3 other companies I am hoping that there are enough volunteers from elsewhere to transfer so I can just seat change on the 'bus.

I gather you're awaiting delivery of a Parajet. Being a glider pilot I think you'll appreciate the low hang points letting you feel what the wing is doing. What wing have you got/ordered? Hope you've gone for the Synthesis!

My brother is a 777 skipper with your mob. He is also looking at starting paramotoring when he works out if he has any cash left after his divorce is finalised! I also know of a couple of other BA guys who are waiting for the weather to change so that they can start training.

It is surprising how many of us are, I am keeping three people up to speed and the interest is palpable from others. Your bruvvers name? I may know him.

bmi hold an annual fly-in at Lasham in August every year. Now I've never worked for them but they are happy to have any airline bod take part so I am planning to be there this year wing my kit so that will be the flour bombing contest sewn up then!

Sounds like fun.

Yes I'm on the 340. I'm nearing the top of the SFO seniority list so it may be that I have to go to the 787 for my command. No disrespect to Boeing but having flown the 757 before for 3 other companies I am hoping that there are enough volunteers from elsewhere to transfer so I can just seat change on the 'bus.

I can appreciate an Airbus man's desire to stick with the product. We all love the skin we are in don't we? Personally I wouldn't want to miss the 787. It will a pleasant and simple type to operate if the 777 is anything to go by (they are going to dual rate it with the triple) and it has legs. It looks to be quite a jet and a big improvement on what's out there at the 'mo. EFB as standard, electric packs and state of the art ergonomics. Hmm. Flip the coin eh ;) - aren't we lucky to have the choice?

I gather you're awaiting delivery of a Parajet. Being a glider pilot I think you'll appreciate the low hang points letting you feel what the wing is doing. What wing have you got/ordered? Hope you've gone for the Synthesis!

Yep' a Paramania Revolution (with an 'Independence' reserve), I have been kiting it for a while but still waiting to (this foul weather) hang underneath it as yet. I am a complete newbie as yet I'm afraid. The Parajet Macro will be my steed and it should be ready on the 8th August. I am really looking forward to leaping into the air!

I look forward to a sherbet and a chat v23b. ATB

Edited by Guest

Always hear great things about the Revolution. So many happy people owning them they can't all be wrong! My flying buddy (Rob) has a mate looking at buying a second hand Macro but I don't know a great deal about them myself. Glad to hear you have a reserve, I wouldn't want to fly without one. Never intend to use it but who does...

One of the reasons I don't want to change types is due to the fact that in each company I've worked for I've always worked on the largest (in terms of airframe numbers) fleet. Principally this has always given me the best lifestyle but has also in the past saved me from redundancy during bad times. I also loved the Boeing... but I love the ergonomics of the 'bus more. Once you get used to it it's far more pilot friendly than everyone thinks, despite being mostly French! I'll pass on my brothers name privately. He was a Prestwick cadet from '89 who went 75/76, 74 Classic (LHR), 73 command (LGW) and then 777 command about 2 years ago. I guess you can say he's Boeing through and through unlike me who eloped to the dark side.

Off to Delhi this evening so prbably won't get to reply until tuesday. Hope the weather turns flyable for you. There's no other kind of flying like this.

Regards

Ian

Thanks Ian,

Enjoy Delhi, drop me the note when you can and I'll make contact with your brother. I can't knock your strategy for survival having sat at the edge of redundancy myself with the charter carriers. Good luck with your course, whatever its on - you will enjoy the bounce in job satisfaction like us all.

Glad to hear you are impressed with paramotoring, it does seem to be the answer to what I have been looking for for a while. A truly 'pocket rocket' with the emphasis on pocket and a superb camera platform.

TTFN