Eos

Owch!
Sorry, cant help you specifically.
8 times in six months is too many for it not to be a design error (unless one of your castings / mounting points has an anomaly)
If you like the engine and its not one of those fancy "flash" starters, you may be able to buy another generic make that will fit... it will probably weigh more (nice and cheap unless you buy a Honda one)
Recoiling pull starters have been around for a long time, I'm guessing the only way to mess one up is to shave too much weight off somewhere...?

I have a Honda generator that's now four years old that is pull-started at "least" once a day during winter with no problems.... that's like ten years worth of paramotoring :) 

• 1 year later...

I have a relatively new EOS with low serial stamp, with the starter issue you describe.  What did you end up doing to solve it?  I ordered a new starter, but I'm wondering if putting a bolt through the centre shaft will work to stiffen it up.

On 26/03/2021 at 04:14, Wyle E said:

I have a relatively new EOS with low serial stamp, with the starter issue you describe.  What did you end up doing to solve it?  I ordered a new starter, but I'm wondering if putting a bolt through the centre shaft will work to stiffen it up.

• Haha 1