Weather watching.

dklude

I managed to get a quick one in at Barry's Field last night, first 20 minutes were fine but rain was closing in and it started to get a bit gnarly just before landing. Still good fun and helped feed the addition - hadn't been up for 8 weeks before last night!

Bloody weather.

• Like 1

Sweet. Launch was a challenge. Need to sort out reverses. I forwarded, not enough beans and had my first turtle. In fact it was more a full back flip 🤣  No damage to man or machine. Good lesson to take more care/use better judgement. 

4 hours ago, chrsfrwll said:

Tomorrow's looking like a day to call in a sickie...

Hehe, tomorrow has been forecast good for a while and i have been thinking exactly the same (sickie) for the last few days....

However, being the upstanding employee that i am i have got permission to leave a couple of hours early and make the time up.

I haven`t  flown for nearly 5 weeks, the weather has been utter pants down here.

I got a 2.25-hour flight in this afternoon but it wasn`t quite as epic as i had hoped for.

The clear skies and sun i was promised disappeared in the afto to be replaced by low cloud, and a somewhat dull, and in places, moody skyscape.

I was hoping to get to the Isle of Widget but just short of the water at Hurst Castle it started spitting with rain so i did a u-turn sharpish and hightailed it outta` there.There were areas of sun inland (at my home town where i`d took off!) so headed for there instead and did a bit of local stuff.

`Spose it`ll be quite a few weeks until the next flying opportunity for me now that BST is ending and the weather window has to coincide with the weekends.

We were spoilt by the epic summer/autumn of 2018...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Also a quick flight yesterday pm. Loads of locals taking advantage of the weather window. The guys with trikes made the taking off in the nil wind look easy. I managed a first time forward but used the 'power up' first method, gave it about 30 seconds and the take off was really easy and smooth. Will now practice this technique. I had just recently watched the Sky School training video (you tube) and Alex Ledgers video is worth watching it's very informative.

Trust of use 

• Upvote 1