Jacket with a hood?

Zeratul

Is it advisable NOT to get a colder weather jacket which has a hood sewn in or does this not really matter? It'll be behind your head towards the motor towards the netting or is the motor too far to be concerned about? Or is ther really a chance it can get caught in the prop and full you in!

Cheers :)

I always fly in a hoodie. The hood bunched up behind my neck keeps it really nice and warm, just where the airflow is whistling around your neck/helmet. The only issue is to make sure that if it has pull cords, these are either cut off or securely tucked in.......although we have tried pulling one back and it cannot get anywhere near the prop. 

The hood NEVER flaps about as it is scrunched up behind my neck.

• Thanks 1

I'd advise against a hood, I've had a couple drag into the net no matter how well tucked in they were, and it's disconcerting to say the least. 

If your neck is a bit drafty there are plenty of ways to seal your neck drafts with a snood or similar. 

Something like the Flykandy jacket gives an awesome luxurious neck seal. 

12 minutes ago, Steve said:

Flykandy jacket ... luxurious neck seal. 

For £300 I'd expect nothing less. 😏

To be honest, I did think about getting one of those but after mailing the company a couple of times and getting no reply, and with no other contact info on their website, I gave up. £5 snood it is then.

Just to be clear, I dd not say a hood, I said a hoody works fine. There is a big difference. A coat with a hood can likely be much bigger than the hoody, which is close fitting. :)

I have flown all the 3 of the Parajet variations and both the AC Nitro and Tornado with no issues. 

• Thanks 1