Beginner wing that's worth keeping.

Hi,

I'm a Belgian beginner ppg pilot. Following lessons at an official school/shop. I baught a second hand ppg set, with a (for me) unusable Dudek Hadron and now I am in the process of buying a wing.  I would like a safe wing that let's me gain experience but that I don't regret buying after a few flights.  

A wing that progresses with me. A wing that I keep in the bag as a forgiving wing for windy/bumpy/thermally days and has a good balans between speed/lift so I can use it as a stable XC wing. 

School wants to push a sting 140, but that is way to sluggish and slow for me.

Been looking at the Niviuk link2, but read mixed reviews.

Open for any suggestions! And thanks for the help!   

Edited by Tim Vandekerckhove

13 hours ago, DavidG4 said:

Why is the school pushing what you regard as a wing that's too sluggish for you?  Not being funny but are you correctly reading your own competence vs confidence? Or do they just have a job lot of stings to sell?

Hi,

No, it's the standard wing they push on all the new students. Feels like they want to cash 2 times, when after a few flights you want something more agile. (And them they push the niviuk link).

The thing is, in belgium every shop is a school aswell. You don't have any 'standalone' shops. So every school has it's own selection of brands.  Locally almost everybody has a flyproducts ppg with a niviuk link and a sting in the bag😂. They talk down other brands.

I'm not offended by the suggestion, I don't overestimate my own competence. Just don't have the cash to step in their  'system.

Edited by Tim Vandekerckhove

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys,

After lot's of reading, viewing youtube clips and comparing I finally decided on a Dudek Nucleon XX 24 (I weigh 85kg).

Tuesday I flew it for the first time (second flight ever) on a 40 minute flight. Instant love, easy to launch, super stabile. Maybe a bit fast on landing but easy to flare.  

The risers are a bit cluttered on the ground, once in the air it's not an issue.

Thanks for all the input!

Pics of the flight:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4fQkU5JFMW/?igshid=l0vltpxnxsam 

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Tim 

IMG-20191107-WA0006.jpg

A great choice sir. Still have my old one and always enjoy flying it. Its the wing I trust in wonky air and the wing I prefer if I'm doing a long XC. 122 logged 'happy flying hours' on mine now!

I think the landings are painfully easy on it, but it does need to be trimmed correctly for the wind conditions. As for the risers... I know no better so they are perfectly fine to me. The wing tip steering is also nicely authoritative and precise on this wing (same for the Rep'Air too I believe). 

Enjoy and fly safe.