3rd Party PPG Insurance - AXA Returns

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve been struggling for months to find any broker in the UK willing to provide cover (outside of the bhpa), luckily I came across Sepp from Axa the other day and he sorted me out pretty much straight away.

no G-regristration required, just the serial no. of your wing.

no affiliation to any club required.

The nice man does however insist on taking 140 Euro. (146 if via paypal).  

Well worthwhile to stay legal.

If only there were more providers with a wider range of cover options.  UK insurers dont seem to want to get involved in the current climate.

2 hours ago, paraflyer17 said:

Does anyone do fully comp cover? Even just for theft rather than damage?

These things cost a lot of money to just be left in a van, but I assuming most people have to do so regularly. 

Household insurance as a specified item. 

28 minutes ago, chrsfrwll said:

Household insurance as a specified item. 

I had my machine on household insurance as a specified item. Then my machine got stolen. Then I had a huge argument getting them to pay up - they did. Then they said they would not cover it any more.

43 minutes ago, AndyB said:

I had my machine on household insurance as a specified item. Then my machine got stolen. Then I had a huge argument getting them to pay up - they did. Then they said they would not cover it any more.

That's insurance companies for you. However, as you found, they should pay (after a fight) if it was specified. You might have to pick and choose the companies though. I used to be an insurance broker, so know the stunts they try and pull. 

• 1 month later...

All makes sense. I am assuming by flying insurance you just mean 3rd party? Or can they be covered for damage (I didn't think they could)

Where I come from (microlights) it's not unlike insuring a car, and can do 3rd party, or fully comp including theft.

Coming from that scenario it just seems a risk having 8k of kit uninsured.