HangTen

Carabiner and Mailion failures

You can also side slip a paramotor wing by first inducing a torque induced twist through sudden application of throttle and then pulling the opposite side steering line quite hard. This allows the wing to descend quite rapidly sure enough, Its a neat trick, but you can only ever do it once. 

On 10/06/2019 at 19:46, AndyB said:

Oops , repeat.

Edited by alan_k

Talking of sand, last week I had a single grain of sand stop my engine starting for half an hour. I eventually realised that the stop button on my throttle was still slightly pressed. It was jammed in with one grain of sand down the side between it and the housing.

I once took off from a slightly muddy side of a grass runway. Climbing out to about 500 feet I caught the kill switch unknowingly while getting more comfortable in the harness.

It all went very quiet, tried to restart but nothing. Landed in a field without problem. The cause of engine off was some mud around the kill switch (picked up when the throttle was on the ground) holding it down - doh!

• Like 1

Talking of sand, last week I had a single grain of sand stop my engine starting for half an hour. I eventually realised that the stop button on my throttle was still slightly pressed. It was jammed in with one grain of sand down the side between it and the housing.

I once took off from a slightly muddy side of a grass runway. Climbing out to about 500 feet I caught the kill switch unknowingly while getting more comfortable in the harness.

It all went very quiet, tried to restart but nothing. Landed in a field without problem. The cause of engine off was some mud around the kill switch (picked up when the throttle was on the ground) holding it down - doh!

22 hours ago, AndyB said:

I really do find slide slipping my Roadster and using my head as a rudder works well. I just have to straighten my head when my feet touchdown. Admitidly, it can be difficult to see where I am going and this has resulted in some of my cross wind landing going off-course (well that's my excuse).

Does efficacy depend on the size of one's nose and ears??

7 minutes ago, DavidG4 said:

Does efficacy depend on the size of one's nose and ears??

I have a huge nose, which helps greatly. Can't tell about the ears, but I suspect they would reduce the efficiency of the rudder.

22 hours ago, AndyB said:

I have a huge nose, which helps greatly. Can't tell about the ears, but I suspect they would reduce the efficiency of the rudder.

Yes, of course.  Like the feathers on a shuttlecock!  The nose has it then...Anyone remember the copper in 'The Bill' who had a massive conk?  Reg Hollis the character, Jeff Stewart the actor.  Great big rudder!!

• Like 1

On 12/06/2019 at 08:46, AndyB said:

Pics...or this post is worthless   lol

• Like 1