Post Brexit Paramotor insurance....

I asked AXA about this, but as I have a house in Spain they said I am fine after Brexit.

Just out of curiosity why would anyone think that a no deal Brexit would effect the insurance? I am pretty sure that a "deal Brexit" will be unlikely to have any wording covering AXA insurance and hence be no different to a a no deal Brexit!

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
On 02/04/2019 at 20:15, AndyB said:

I asked AXA about this, but as I have a house in Spain they said I am fine after Brexit.

Just out of curiosity why would anyone think that a no deal Brexit would effect the insurance? I am pretty sure that a "deal Brexit" will be unlikely to have any wording covering AXA insurance and hence be no different to a a no deal Brexit!

It could be that after Brexit AXA does not inherently have the right to operate an insurance system in the UK I imagine that atm it would be covered under membership of the eu?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think AXA will cease to cover non-UK/ non-EU complainants either way. I have a lapsed insurance and as such (effectively) have no insurance to speak of. Does it make sense renewing it, especially when the entire country is reeling under the covid pandemic?

~Sanjeev Nanda