Bailey Spares

Pete Cheyney

I'd say Bailey paramotors direct 

Bailey Aviation,Hill Farm,Longstanton Road,Over,Cambridgeshire,CB24 5PR                   Tel: +44 1954 230725

or sometimes the odd spares like cage sections come up on facebook "UK Paramotor Buy/Sell Group" and there's always Ebay

i fitted new gy6 carb on mine cured the running problem.v4,bought it of ebay can send you link,very cheap to buy.other parts will be gy6 tiada etc im going to chek head stud spacing to see if i can fit tiada 232cc kit.pete what weight are you in kg for flying the d/f

Edited by jock

Engine parts will be gy6.reduction pulleys you will have to source second hand or get made,belt will be easy to source,so yes you just have to find what model gy6,,,,,crankcases you wont get but very rare if any problems with them,second hand engines pop up around £750 onwards

• 4 months later...
On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:33, jock said:

im going to chek head stud spacing to see if i can fit tiada 232cc

Did you get any further with this?
I did get a quote from Taida... if my memory serves, £500+ without delivery (Taiwan) that included the J300 auto decompression cam/head/ cylinder and +10.2mm stroker crank.

The Scout/EOS 232cc development has been quiet for some time now and that has me thinking there might be reliability issues with pushing the bore to 67mm (thin cylinder skirt)... I know they had oil breather issues that needed ironing out but I cant see that causing the abrupt quiet we have seen from them.
I am assuming Bailey stuck with 65mm bore on the V5s (210cc) for reliabilities sake... why else would you not go for the full 67mm, the price will be very similar.
Ill take reliability over the extra couple of horses... that's a big feature of a four stroke after efficiency.

I visited EOS late last year to pick up my Eos150ici after selling my Bailey v5s. I asked about the ‘Quattro’, he said ‘11 units have been prepared for testing with selected, high hours pilots’. He stressed that to launch an unreliable four stroke would be commercial suicide.

I’m hoping it’s all going well..

C924C174-7CC2-41E5-A27C-9F00C8B12EE4.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

948629287_V5decompresserCam.jpg.3064a4890dd141dd88e2702b9d38dd8b.jpg

Above is a V5 head... looks like 57mm stud spacing to me... same stud spacing as the Taida B-Block as is used for the 232cc (67mm piston +10.2mm stroker crank)
Maybe you are talking about the earlier models?

I am assuming (for now) that Eos may be re-enlarging the crankcase cavity to reduce its peak pressure... any info Jock?

5 minutes ago, jock said:

kit you need to water cool it

The water cooled version is the less common version.
I am 99% sure the Eos Quatro (pictured above in Scott's post) will being using the standard 232cc air cooled kit from Taida using an Eos manufactured crankcase.
It will be "silly" money for us mere mortals!
Boring is not an option as the cylinder skirts on standard cylinders do not have enough meat on them.
The Taida kit is aprox £500 (crank, decompression cam, cylinder, piston head) so not exactly cheap even if you can make your own crankcase.
Then you have the fear of it not working well (Eos are quiet and Baileys chose not to go for the full 232... there must be reasons for that)

On 28/01/2019 at 20:24, Pete Cheyney said:

Hi All, I have a Bailey V4 on my Dragonfly trike which (Touch Wood) is running sweetly. I was wondering how widespread their use was these days and where people were sourcing spares? 

I’d be very interested to hear from any other Bailey users whether  V3/4 or 5.

Regards

Pete Cheyney

carbs from ebay.plugs ebay.oil filter is from a  honda motorcyle,belts you can get,pistons barrel/head.crank.gy6 type

1 hour ago, jock said:

eos is 290cc.started as kymoco 250cc

1639180944_EOS240cc.thumb.jpg.e50f6331114e748ffd1f8cdcc0d6fe5e.jpg

This was the image release by Miro on 31 Mar 2017 (240cc likely rounded up from 232cc)... very similar to the one Scott posted of the more recent version.
Looks nothing like any Kymco 250 engine I have seen.
It looks like the common garden GY6 which Kymco use in some of their scooters up to 150cc but with a ceramic coated cylinder much like the ones Taida sell (232cc)

If you have any images of a confirmed EOS 290cc I would very much appreciate a link as that would be a "new" version of the EOS that I have not yet seen!

Edited by Blackburn Mark

On 12/07/2019 at 21:39, Blackburn Mark said:

v4.jpg.70dc3859c36527764d00e36c8a27000f.jpg

The head and cylinder on the V4 look different than the GY6... are you sure they are compatible/interchangeable?

v4 is different but still gy6 engine different type though lol.no parts are not same as v3/v5 

On 12/07/2019 at 20:40, Blackburn Mark said:

1639180944_EOS240cc.thumb.jpg.e50f6331114e748ffd1f8cdcc0d6fe5e.jpg

This was the image release by Miro on 31 Mar 2017 (240cc likely rounded up from 232cc)... very similar to the one Scott posted of the more recent version.
Looks nothing like any Kymco 250 engine I have seen.
It looks like the common garden GY6 which Kymco use in some of their scooters up to 150cc but with a ceramic coated cylinder much like the ones Taida sell (232cc)

If you have any images of a confirmed EOS 290cc I would very much appreciate a link as that would be a "new" version of the EOS that I have not yet seen!

The bloke at scout has said on his youtube it was having new crankcases and 290cc,will find vid,and it was standard kymoco 250cc org

1 hour ago, jock said:

v4 is different but still gy6 engine different type though lol.no parts are not same as v3/v5 

Took me some effort to find this, I was sure it was a Yamaha derivative...
(Cylinder head Naraku Racing for Yamaha Cygnus, BW 5ML 4V)

s-l500.jpg.bbc9ace2f93d6ed38cc91490d9db84ed.jpg
So anyone with a V4 motor... This is a "Naraku" performance aftermarket part for the Yamaha Cygnus and looks identical to the Bailey V4 heads with the chevron cooling fins (which I could not find on any other head kits)
V4 parts from the piston up, will very likely fall under "Yamaha Cygnus" parts or performance parts (big bore kits etc)
The crank could be anything so only a Vernier caliper will solve that part of the conundrum.

4v-200_new_pic_lrg.jpg.d6fcba423aa3b661755c1d71f5138c14.jpg

Maybe you use the term "Gy6" as a more of a colloquialism than I am willing to Jock :)

8 minutes ago, Blackburn Mark said:

Took me some effort to find this, I was sure it was a Yamaha derivative...
(Cylinder head Naraku Racing for Yamaha Cygnus, BW 5ML 4V)

s-l500.jpg.bbc9ace2f93d6ed38cc91490d9db84ed.jpg
So anyone with a V4 motor... This is a "Naraku" performance aftermarket part for the Yamaha Cygnus and looks identical to the Bailey V4 heads with the chevron cooling fins (which I could not find on any other head kits)
V4 parts from the piston up, will very likely fall under "Yamaha Cygnus" parts or performance parts (big bore kits etc)
The crank could be anything so only a Vernier caliper will solve that part of the conundrum.

4v-200_new_pic_lrg.jpg.d6fcba423aa3b661755c1d71f5138c14.jpg

Maybe you use the term "Gy6" as a more of a colloquialism than I am willing to Jock :)

you got me on that one,,yamaha parts lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...