New ITV Piper due January 2019

Atko

Just read ITV have developed a new full reflex paramotor wing. Still all under wraps, but from what i've read and there's not much out there, they've trialled it vs the ITV Billy. The Piper is supposed to be much faster, yet has a slower take off and shark nose tech. 

Looks interesting. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well my ITV Piper 25m turned up last week. Only had chance to do a bit of ground handling. Seems light, easy launch, but brake lines seem long. Anyway, looking forward to first flight when weather improves and update.

• 2 weeks later...

Well still not flown by myself, only ground handled. My friend (experienced pilot) flew it this week as i didn't have time. It was 15mph winds. He was comparing it with ITV Billy, same size 25m etc and said it had nice easy launch characteristics, and loads of lift. In flight there was no oscillation, trims easy to pull in and quick to let out so suggested feathering them. Can turn on all trims, using wing tip steer.  He was fully trimmed out into winds and hitting 24-25mph, 5400rpm from moster 185. This indicated it's efficient for xc. 

He said very responsive in air, but stable. On landing it was very smooth and only a small amount of brake gave loads of flare. This is what i was hoping for as a go to wing with agility and xc traits. Fingers crossed i come to the same conclusion as him. 

• 5 months later...

Hey Atko, how you enjoying the Piper? What’s your weight to have decided on the 25m? Wondering if you are ‘leasure’ at that weight or expert and how demanding it has proven to be.

some more comments on handling, etc would be awesome if you can!