Paramotor transport in a motorcycle

Hi everyone, I'm about to end my paramotor training, and just order a power2fly rs with its storage bag.

I ride a motorcycle, the car is almost always with my wife. I live next to the beach, about 5 minutes in the car, were I plan to take of.

My question is has anyone transport the paramotor, probably broken down into the bag on a motorcycle? How to do it? Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance

Zenith with Polini 200. 

Photos with a Large Paramania Go-Fly wing, but I’m now on a Revo3-29. The Revo doesn’t fit so well with the fuel tank still installed, so I may look at modifying one of the boxes to fit the tank in. 

Prop straps to the lid of one box. Jerry can in the box (although there’s a 30 litre tank on the front that works as well as a Jerry can). Helmet, reserve, suit etc in the other box. Hoop and spars strapped onto the zenith foot. 

Couple of Rox-shock straps hold it on, with a couple of safety carabiners to stop it hitting me if I came off. (Also ground the passenger hand rails off the bike and leave the back seat off to create the flat platform for it to lay better). 

1E24084B-C32B-4076-A795-22142D75CBB7.jpeg

FEC97122-CDD1-47AF-BDD0-C2C0F69677AE.jpeg

• Like 1

On 03/11/2018 at 18:17, Marcelo Benzaquen said:

Hi everyone, I'm about to end my paramotor training, and just order a power2fly rs with its storage bag.

I ride a motorcycle, the car is almost always with my wife. I live next to the beach, about 5 minutes in the car, were I plan to take of.

My question is has anyone transport the paramotor, probably broken down into the bag on a motorcycle? How to do it? Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance

If i were you `id build a motorcycle monowheel trailer to transport your paramotor the short distance to your take-off area.

You could leave the motor fully assembled and it`d be a much neater method than balancing gear on top of a pillion seat..

Monowheels are great - you hardly know you are pulling one when fitted.

On 03/11/2018 at 22:13, richy_b said:

Zenith with Polini 200. 

Photos with a Large Paramania Go-Fly wing, but I’m now on a Revo3-29. The Revo doesn’t fit so well with the fuel tank still installed, so I may look at modifying one of the boxes to fit the tank in. 

Prop straps to the lid of one box. Jerry can in the box (although there’s a 30 litre tank on the front that works as well as a Jerry can). Helmet, reserve, suit etc in the other box. Hoop and spars strapped onto the zenith foot. 

Couple of Rox-shock straps hold it on, with a couple of safety carabiners to stop it hitting me if I came off. (Also ground the passenger hand rails off the bike and leave the back seat off to create the flat platform for it to lay better). 

1E24084B-C32B-4076-A795-22142D75CBB7.jpeg

FEC97122-CDD1-47AF-BDD0-C2C0F69677AE.jpeg

So I've been thinking about this and I wanted to ask you if the motor doesn't get flooded when you transported tilted like that?

I second the proposal for a trailer. If you bolt a sub-frame to the bike, supporting a standard tow ball behind the rear wheel and below spindle height, you can tow a conventional two wheel trailer. I have ridden this set up and it is surprising how little difference it makes to the bike.

17 minutes ago, ptwizz said:

I second the proposal for a trailer. If you bolt a sub-frame to the bike, supporting a standard tow ball behind the rear wheel and below spindle height, you can tow a conventional two wheel trailer. I have ridden this set up and it is surprising how little difference it makes to the bike.

Says the Man who use to squash all his flying gear into a Triumph spitfire at times :D.