SkyMax Expedition owners - tips on adjusting hang angle?

fuzzybabybunny

Any tips on how to adjust hang angle? 

The propeller / cage is currently 15 degrees off of vertical. Watching some videos of the Scout, they recommend between 0 - 5 degrees and as close to 0 degrees as possible for maximum thrust efficiency. 

I've already got my riser carabiners adjusted pretty far aft on the weight shift arms and the straps that connect the shoulder of the harness to the frame are already the shortest they'll go.

What else can I do to bring my prop angle more upright?

45011675_10105236172350435_3130525705557770240_n.jpg

4 hours ago, fuzzybabybunny said:

Any tips on how to adjust hang angle? 

The propeller / cage is currently 15 degrees off of vertical. Watching some videos of the Scout, they recommend between 0 - 5 degrees and as close to 0 degrees as possible for maximum thrust efficiency. 

I've already got my riser carabiners adjusted pretty far aft on the weight shift arms and the straps that connect the shoulder of the harness to the frame are already the shortest they'll go.

What else can I do to bring my prop angle more upright?

45011675_10105236172350435_3130525705557770240_n.jpg

Do hang test again and get some one do about a 20 kg push on centre of prop and see you static angle then. When flying your aiming for 0 to 5 degree lean back

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Scout is different then most others,they build an angle into their frame most others do not so the say shoot for zero when others may say 5 to 15 degrees Check your brands builder!!!!!! My scout is about 3 and my maverick hangs about 9 degrees.

Edited by Pzilly

• 6 months later...

How did you end up resolving this ?

ive retro fitted a sky 110 to my skymax and have the same issues trying to get the hang angle more vertical.

I’ve got the ring on the S arms down on the bend- not on the flat of the arm and still have 13 deg static 

anyone ???  

• 1 month later...