cas_whitmore

Barrys field ‘ Guildford

Just a reminder - Barry would like anyone who has ever flown from his field to get in touch with him so he can put together a stronger case for change of use (see thread in the Surrey forum). Apparently he's only heard back from a small handful of pilots - it would be great to support him...

PS weather looks nice this afternoon...?

I'm going down this afternoon (Sat) for a recce and probably meet Barry after a quick chat on the phone this morning, haven't been for a couple of years. Will fly if wind drops a bit, may also be there tomorrow which looks good most of day.

I would love to meet up there  as I have never been there and would like to meet someone  there who could give me a briefing  of what to do and who to contact. 

Regards 

Casey 

2 hours ago, noddyc said:

I would love to meet up there  as I have never been there and would like to meet someone  there who could give me a briefing  of what to do and who to contact. 

Regards 

Casey 

I am in the same boat as you Casey, do you mind if I join you?

Regards

Gareth

Hi ,not at all.

It would be nice to have someone there as well.

Will pm you if I am able to find someone who has been there before and can give me a rundown. 

There were 4 of us today and the last hour before sunset was flyable. It`s pretty cold up there, I must say.

ppg624.jpg

ppg625.jpg

That's me! Nice photo, thanks. Blew the cobwebs away, nice to get in the air again after winter lay-off. Funny how even after 100s of hours of flying over many years you still have to push through that first few minutes of belly cramp 🤣 

Hi guys, how would I go about getting in touch with Barry about using his field? I'm fairly close to Guildford and it would be great to have access to somewhere local. Cheers for any info you could offer.

Barry’s contact details here. Don’t fly before receiving detailed instructions on what you can do there. It is more restricted  than what your flight map shows due to sensitive neighbours and low flying business jets.

I flew 2+ hours and 50+ miles yesterday in perfect wind and weather.