Where to start???.

Hi

I recently did a sky dive which in turn got me interested in paramotor watching Tucker Gott etc.

I'm keen to learn next year and live in Warrington (Northwest).

I have seen a local club in Manchester and a course in Spain.

My main worry 're the sport is will I be limited where to fly and obviously the UK weather will limit things as already happens to me with my other hobbys motorcycling and drone flying.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Thanks Pete.

Hi Pete and welcome to PMC.

If you're interested then just get on with it. :-) The weather gets in the way but also gives us fabulous windows, especially in the winter. 

Skydiving is a bit different, especially in that it is over rather quickly whereas you can stay up for hours with PPG if you want to.

If you can hook up with some pilots in your area then you will learn a lot by going along when they are flying. YouTube videos are very different to real life, I've seen more than one person buy kit and sell it as soon as they realised there was effort, noise, vibration and a learning curve to deal with. Hang out with some pilots, maybe get a tandem flight (definitely worth travelling for - somewhere Like CMP Paramotors is highly recommended) hang out some more with pilots, learn to ground handle, preferably with a decent school ...

Hope you enjoy the jourmney. :-) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/10/2018 at 09:34, Steve said:

Hi Pete and welcome to PMC.

If you're interested then just get on with it. :-) The weather gets in the way but also gives us fabulous windows, especially in the winter. 

Skydiving is a bit different, especially in that it is over rather quickly whereas you can stay up for hours with PPG if you want to.

If you can hook up with some pilots in your area then you will learn a lot by going along when they are flying. YouTube videos are very different to real life, I've seen more than one person buy kit and sell it as soon as they realised there was effort, noise, vibration and a learning curve to deal with. Hang out with some pilots, maybe get a tandem flight (definitely worth travelling for - somewhere Like CMP Paramotors is highly recommended) hang out some more with pilots, learn to ground handle, preferably with a decent school ...

Hope you enjoy the jourmney. :-) 

I booked the Zero to Hero with Fly Spain this morning.

My course is 35 April 2019

On 23/10/2018 at 16:53, Pedro123LFC said:

I booked the Zero to Hero with Fly Spain this morning.

My course is 35 April 2019

Excellent. Say hi to Theo and Simon the instructors. Word of advise, don’t get carried away on your first night in Algodonales with the beer as we did. Enjoy 

ant.

On 25/10/2018 at 06:57, Anthony B said:

Excellent. Say hi to Theo and Simon the instructors. Word of advise, don’t get carried away on your first night in Algodonales with the beer as we did. Enjoy 

ant.

Oh the temptations lol ,

I learnt my lesson in 2013 drinking the night before a track day at Donnington!,

I had a massive high side at Redgate resulting in a severely smashed up arm  needing 3 plates and a lot of screws!.

I think the hang over was a factor so will 100% reign the beer in Ant.

• Like 1