Hello everyone, new here

Hi folks.  

My name is Jarred and I've been doing some research on paramotors. 

I'm very interested in one and I want to make my first purchase real soon so I can start learning the basics. 

I need some help and guidance to some literature and info regarding what kind of setup I should buy. My budget is about 10k.   I wan

I'm 30, very active,  6'1" - 6'2"  

160lb and I want to be able to do a barrel roll eventually and want to do long distance flights, cross country as well as high altitude....if I happen to go over some mountains or something. 

I wouldn't mind doing tandem after a couple years either...so that should be kept in mind.  

But I plan on reading a lot on this forum and any others some one might direct me to. 

Thank you and I look forward to chatting with you all. 

Thanks for the reply, I plan on getting training, there is a local guy by me that has sold hundreds and trained hundreds of people.  His name is Kurt Fister I believe, from flight junkies. 

I merely wanted to get people to mention and specific links they find to be more user than other sources is all...you gotta know what i mean.  

Like an old time carpenter sharing their carpentry tips that you dont learn from anything but experience. 

Looking for some wisdom if you will.

I'll go forward and get some training. 

Edited by Rotten

9 hours ago, asquaddie said:

7 hours ago, AndyB said:

7 hours ago, AndyB said:

That would be super. :)

9 hours ago, asquaddie said:

You must do a training video log on here - that would be interesting??

You know...from all the drama I see hear and read about flight junkies I'm damn interested too... 

I mean...I will admit...Kurt Fister talks some mad shit lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, asquaddie said:

At least you are aware of this before you start......

Yup...I'm thinking of getting a scout enduro.  

Doing more reading... crazy amount of info to take in.  

I've read all the legal FFA stuff first though so I know all that jargon.  

Just need to get some more info and non-bias reviews in these paramotors and wings.  

I'm trying to find someone else local that does paramotoring training or retail...this way I can get a better feel of the sport getting info from to local people...flight junkies and whoever else I find.  

I just feel really sketched out by all the nonsense and shit talking Kurt does...I wont lie...really rubs me wrong...not to mention also that he blocks comments on his YouTube videos...that really chaps my ass, censoring peoples opinions... ?

7 hours ago, asquaddie said:

At least you are aware of this before you start......

Have you read this book?  I'm thinking of buying it with assumptions that it's a good source to learn all my vocabulary and terminology and parts of paramotoring...from wing lines...to connections...to styles of hanging...etc..shit like that.  Going to find this forums "basics" sections to ....learn all the basics 

Powered Paragliding Bible 5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/097709667X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_JttMBb83MK3RZ

20 minutes ago, paulg18 said:

No not free as Captain Kurt would have you believe, but then you could look at it that if you trained with Dell you would pay for "Super" training and only have the option of a Flattop and Dominator. 

That's the issue I have with those two guys lol.  Yahoos to a degree. 

Unfortunately,  I'd be stupid to not take advantage of ththe fact that I have someone "supposedly" knowledgeable in the sport right in my back yard.  I'm going to go there and see if I can just get the basics and just feel out the situation.  The internet isn't a place to make final determinations about someone imo.  I'm one that is oftenly misunderstood via text format.

1 hour ago, asquaddie said:

Awesome choice.

1 hour ago, AndyB said:

That's the one I used....and still do to brush up on stuff!

Great, I ordered it  

56 minutes ago, AndyB said:

So not really free training. Super deal though. :)

I dont know...a lot of his videos say he trains and helps people even if they dont buy his stuff.  There are at least 4 instances I've seen him say that.  He speaks of being a honorable man and what not...I'd have no problem holding him to his word, I have no problem tipping someone a few hundred bucks if they show me the ropes. 

I'm a pretty quick learner and dont take long to correct wrongs.  

I'm just looking for that source of "unintuitive information" out there.  

I know for a fact that the moment I start kiting a wing, I'll learn the intuitive common sense shit instantly, of course not "instantaneously"..lol you know what I mean.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, simonhunny said:

this is very entertaining, cant make this sort of stuff up (or are we...) ?

I dont understand your snarkiness? Please elaborate if you will, wont hurt my feelings lol. 

If you have any info on anybody or something to link me to so I can read it...by all means...be a helpful human and give a brother some wisdom. 

I'm listening to everyone in this sport now and it makes my head spin a bit.  

On 13/09/2018 at 05:39, simonhunny said:

this is very entertaining, cant make this sort of stuff up (or are we...) ?

Lol, spreading mulch in my yard today, I believe I figured out what you mean hahah. 

You don't think this is made up and a marketing thing right? Lol.  I'm not at all affiliated with flight junkies. 

On point...

PPG bible came in today! 

I figured out what I'm going to do. 

Getting a scout enduro with either a link wing or a mojo.   Waiting for someone to get back to me about the link.  I like how the mojo is super easy to correct as it does most of the work itself. 

Edited by Rotten