Polini Thor 130 feedback

JonnyQuest

I have the polini Thor 130 in a Parajet Zenith frame. Very pleased with it, great power to weight ratio. Engine seems easy to work on, there is a slight leak from exhaust gaskets, not enough to clean with a rag, but I think this is very normal as the joint is held together with springs, so that slight movement is OK. Most people seem to wire the springs together as they have a nasty option in falling off and then going through the prop. while you are flying!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Weren't the later ones redesigned with a better flash starter? I believe there is a thread on here that has a replacement pull start for a small engine, sounds like it might be a good fix.

I don't have enough time on mine to give a good opinion. I did however do lots of research and Came to the conclusion that it's a good engine with good support from a known company. Doesn't have a ton of power and isn't the lightest but I'd take that over something less reliable.

Edited by Bluebanshee