n/a

frosty100

I thought I would re-ignite this little corner of the site as it seems to have gone stale.

We are a large group of paramotor pilots and trainees respectively who fly in and around the South eastern corner of Kent. We are a very welcoming bunch and are always ready and happy to accept new folk into our throngs. 

If you are a beginner or a qualified pilot it doesn't matter- if you would like to join us and gain access to some truly superb flying sites then inbox me or add to this thread. We believe sharing is caring too,  we share our knowledge of available fields and are always over the moon when a new groupie introduces us to a new portion of the green and pleasant land. 

Sharing is caring but don't tell the wife.

• Like 1

Hi Frosty100,

Recently qualified newbie here living in Thanet. Very timely post as I have just ordered my first rig this morning. It would be great to learn the ropes with other experienced Pilots and gain access to flying sites. Thanks very much for posting

• 10 months later...

Hi Frosty, I’m planning on starting my training early next year once funds are in place, but would love to pop down one day and watch the action (if that’s allowed?).

I’m from Maidstone and trying to find flying sites around the area ready for when I’m eventually flying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings, presently dusting off and fixing up my now quite dated gear, including modding the bike carrier today so I can hang the paramotor off the back to transport. First started PPG in 1999 on an Ozone Electron (I still have it) and back in my more foolish days few across the channel to France (and forgot my passport), plus done the Malaysia thing, and a few trips to continental Europe, Nottingham and back over a weekend and various other similar long xc's plus the usual local stuff.

However not flown now since 2011 and determined to have another go and either get going again, buy a new wing (my big Nucleon is fast but a beast to launch) or decide that it's time to find something else to do for fun.

I'm on the Hoo Peninsula (ME3 postcode) and with a Southerly wind can get off on the back garden, when the farmer isn't looking and there are a number of other fields around here that seem to be left fallow.

Anyone I can come and break a prop or two with in Kent?

By the way, I see a lot of posts about where to fly. We always used to just find an unused field even large sports field and go. As long as you aren't in restricted airspace the worst that can happen is you get asked to leave although in 12 years of regular flying I can't remember that ever happening. Plenty of people would come for a chat however because they fancied it too.

Hope to hear from someone or a group.

Kind regards Richard

IMG_20190528_170705.jpg

Hi Richard,

I'm a new pilot, passed my CP power rating in Spain last month, my paramotor arrives tomorrow and I'm keen to get in the air. I'm based in Rochester ME1, so not too far from you. I'd be keen to have someone to fly with and make new friends. Maybe you can show me some of those sports fields you used to fly from?

Cheers, Glenn