12 hours ago, Richard Leishman said:

Hi Michael,

I am from Tamworth and I think we actually know each other, didn't I meet you the other week when I came over to see Dave Harper?

I have booked paramotor lessons which start this month but I am travelling up to Scunthorpe.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Nope, don’t believe that was me!

Cheers

Mike

Ha no problem, I am training with http://paramotor-ltd.business.site/ starting on Thursday 28th, going up and staying in a hotel on the wednesday night for 4 days. Welcome to travel up with me if you can get onboard. The training is 7 days from 8am till sundown but you can split this up however you like, hince why I am doing 4 days.

Richard

Thanks Steve but it doesn't seem bad, seems like a typical generic website filler statement to me. I checked them over fully first, seems to have a lot of reviews, uploading a video or two a week to youtube of training and have their own events. I have received a welcome pack explaining the risks, training procedures, etc. I definitely didn't want to go with someone who was offering a crash course, only takes one mistake hence why I am happy to travel a bit further field.

I was only wondering about the 'professional paramotor pilots', as in the ones they say they train in the strap. That's a reasonable question. I also asked which syllabus they run, which is again reasonable. If that's all too offensive for you then apologies.

Hope you can cope with lots of pissed pilots at fly-ins. 

There is little information on his website. I would have thought the most important questions are:

1. Does he follow a recognised training syllabus such as BHPA or equivalent? (That will lead to you being able to achieve a recognised "pilot" qualification and hence you can get insurance).

2. Where did he gain his CFI status? (some have been known to award themselves this qualification!)

12 minutes ago, Steve said:

Ha. That couldn't be you then. :-)

And what have you done with your twin brother Reaction Jackson? 

<discretely changes the subject> Hey Steve Thomas did you know an anagram of your name is 'see vast moth'!

Really sorry for crashing your post Michael (please blame Steve).

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bump an old thread but just thought I would give a little update on my progression. I started training with Brad Quinn at the end of July and I can not fault the guy at all. Split up due to weather, in total I had around 5 days of lessons on the field and 2 days in the classroom; through summer, a typical day being 6am-10am, siesta, 7pm-11pm.

Training was at each individuals pace and my training felt almost one to one. I was taught to Brad's own syllabus which everything was focussed around safety first which he also tests you on multiple times. I bought my maverick and spyder through Brad which also saved me over a grand.

Thanks,

Richard

Edited by Richard Leishman