Flying near Sheffield England

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place but I was wondering if there is anyone who flies near Sheffield, I'd really like to meet some members and learn some stuff before I start any training, just to get an idea of the lie of the land so to speak.

Sean.

Hi there mate, that's brilliant thanks, for the time being I'd just like to watch some people flying and get to know some members, get chatting, that sort of thing, I'm also trying to loose weight and get my back better after a work accident so watching is all I can manage at the moment

Sean.

hi sean 

hoping to fly sat evening if wind strength stays as it is or sun lookin good 

but you know what weathers like were in sheff do you live how far from chezie are you

if not flying could meet u can have a look at motor and wing have chat if you up for it :coptor:

On 11 May 2018 at 19:13, AndyB said:

I'm still flying....until next Thursday when that disc gets removed and fused. :)

FB_IMG_1502116049888.jpg.23ec388d9d33258c4e2cb30e276708e6.jpg

Good god that looks awful Andy, my thoughts are with you for a successful outcome, this is my third back injury at work, I suppose I'll be plagued with this for the rest of my life, but I'm determined to beat it and get flying, all the best Andy.

Sean.

• Like 1

On 11 May 2018 at 19:37, chewi said:

hi sean 

hoping to fly sat evening if wind strength stays as it is or sun lookin good 

but you know what weathers like were in sheff do you live how far from chezie are you

if not flying could meet u can have a look at motor and wing have chat if you up for it :coptor:

Hi there Chewi, I live in Beighton near Eckington if you know it, my son lives in Chesterfield, yeah I'd like to do that some time, although at the minute I'm not in a position to buy a wing and paramotor, I'm trying to loose weight and get topside of the jobs in our house, then I'll be able get sorted, to tell you the truth I joined this forum to focus on something positive, the pain in my back has really been getting me down, I'm determined to get sorted and get flying.

Sean.

Hi sean

used to work at a foundry at halfway andy cook owned it probably about 15 min drive away to beighton 

no probs mate theres plenty of time to meet up sometime I used to get back pain from foundry work used to get me down at times it stops you from doing thing and trying to keep on top of pain is mentaly tyring have spent many a hour laid in warm baths just to ease pain alittle when me backs gone.Take it steady

cheers chewi 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chewi

Sorry for the late reply mate, I've been quite ill this last week, I'm off work as I overdid it, I remember andy cook, used to see their lorry from time to time, I'm determined to get my back better and get training but time will tell if it comes off, yes I'd still like to meet up and have a chat and pick up some advice from you mate, you take it easy too.

Sean.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sean

Been busy at work ive  had bit of an injury went over on my ankle on building site went down like a ton of bricks worst of it over now

ive hooked up with some other flyers near me some in training 2 pilots there fields are in Exmoor near baslow they have 11 fields to fly from

have arranged to meet one of them tomorrow hopefully to do a little flying weather permitting.sry to hear of your set back hope you have a quick recovery 

cheers chewi 

• 1 year later...