BMAA Instructors.

Anyone know whats going on (or not) with the BMAA Instructors?

I hear that they have pulled the rating so in effect no longer have any? I may not have this 100% so am asking not stating :D

SW :D

Could this be the organisations perhaps reacting to a CAA initiative - or maybe moving back toward their specialization?

Is the BHPA looking to absorb the sport into its organisation and become the sole administrator at the behest of the CAA?

Looked at the BMAA website and nothing is mentioned there under 'News'. http://www.bmaa.org/news.asp

Dan, could you enlarge on the Yahoo Group input?

I had asked the BMAA in March to become a BMAA registered PPG instructor and was told by Clive, to whom my enquiry was referred, that I would need to wait a month or so before applying as there were some big changes coming to their PPG instructor system. He said (if I can remember correctly) that they were re-designing the sylabus and making the route to becoming an instructor more open to anyone meeting the criteria.

I imagine this is a pre announcement rumour or leak and we will get more info shortly.

Edit paramotoruk.com has a brief confirmation that an announcement is imminent and that the BMAA have ceased to validate instructors to operate their FLM sylabus. The end of BMAA training.

Also the BMAA are proposing to amalganate with the LAA (Light Aircraft assoc)

Today the BMAA wrote to all the BMAA FLM Instructors announcing the

withdrawal of the BMAA FLM Training System. Some instructors will not

receive their notification for several days due to post delay. The

intention was to advise the instructors first out of courtesy before

the matter was made public. It seems that one or more recipients of

the notice have chosen to discuss the move in public and so rather than

let speculation and rumour take control we have decided to publish the

Announcement to the public entitled 'Cessation of training system'

which will be posted in the files section.

The files section to which Clive refers is on the yahoo group that I mentioned above, here is a link

Edited by Guest

Dan's quote is a pdf issued by the BMAA to their instructors this morning, All BMAA instructors are now out of business. Or at least are now in the "independent" sector. Bet they are pleased :(

Leaves our Donegal mates with even fewer options as their "Spanish scheme" was BMAA.

An alternative is on the way...

A Globally recognised PPG Instructor qualification is soon to be made available to anyone who wants it. It has nothing to do with the BMAA or the BHPA so I am told.

I am in if it is what it says on the tin. - all the political poo. Just good courses and good (real) insurnace as a result (I hope)

SW :D