Looking to learn in South Devon

Hi all,

I am looking to learn to fly, currently have zero experience other than taster days in fixed wing things. Paramotoring really appeals but I don’t seem to be able to find any training here in Devon (Cornwall and Dorset are 1:30h away.) Does anyone know of an instructor based in Devon?

Much appreciated in advance,

Roja

Hi Roja, and welcome to the Paramotor Club. 

I am 99% sure that there is no longer an active Paramotor instructor in Devon or Cornwall. :-( 

We are currently teaching a couple of people from Devon and I know some that have been to a school in Wales. 

Don't let something like that put you off though as Devon and Cornwall has some amazing flying places and it will be well worth the effort. :-):-) 

Again, welcome! 

SW :D

Hi Simon, seems I may well be visiting you over in Swindon then! Could you share a price for the course?

Hi Paul. I am based in Totnes and am toying with the idea of learning this year. The idea of being able to fly over the moors and down the coast feel very exciting, especially without having the bill for a PPL and £120 per hour rental etc... I still need to read up on how possible it is to launch from here and there, what permissions are needed and allowed flight paths but hopefully none of that procludes me from taking it up as a hobby!

Asquaddie,

i am reasonably close to Davidstow (hour and a half?) but couldn't find any details about them offering paramotor instruction? Do you know of an instructor who operates from there?

thanks in advance,

roja

Roja

There is only three active pilots at the moment and non are instructor level I'm afraid, but an excellant place to do ground handling, because it is an disused airfield and the sea is only 6 minutes away - so most days you get the laminate breeze coming through.

Tony

• Like 1